Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rece@2022, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

Anyone here anything about our Cweb, Daniels, or Spears at the senior bowl?
    I only read about matt jones "blowing" by cory for a big catch during practice.

2. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

They apparently put Marcus Spears in at LB for some plays during practice.

"Monte Kiffin was very active coaching the defense and had some changes in store. Marcus Spears, a player who spent most of his time at defensive end for LSU, played at linebacker on Monday. Spears wasn't great in pass recognition but seemed agile in defending the run, shooting gaps."

4. JVincent25

Marcus Spears DL LSU
    Weigh-In Notes: Not fat, simply big bodied
    Monday Practice Notes: Thinking to much- reading rather then attacking. Stood up opponents on running plays.

Travis Daniels DB LSU
    Weigh-In Notes: Could add weight to his frame
    Monday Practice Notes: Excellent session. Made a nice pick and continually located the ball in the air in man coverage, making several plays on the pass.

Corey Webster DB LSU
    Weigh-In Notes: Good overall definition
    Monday Practice Notes:

5. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Marcus Spears playing linebacker...wow thats scary.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

In one of the articles I read they said they are working many of these guys in positions they don't normally play in order to see how athletic they are and get a better read on their instincts and how quick they can pick things up. A good idea and I bet the scouts love it.

7. JVincent25

According to every report I've seen, Marcus Spears is the most unblockable defensive player there, but I like this one from Pro Football Weekly the best (despite the fact that they call him a DT):

"There truly is no wasted motion with LST DT Marcus Spears' game. He seems to take blockers where he wants to go and gets there in a hurry. Offensive linemen have continually had a very difficult time controlling him. Scouts have dubbed him a "manchild.""

Here is a blurb on CWeb and TD:

"LSU CB Corey Webster struggled in practice Tuesday, getting caught flat-footed at times and guessing on routes at others. Scouts said teammate Travis Daniels had a better day of practice and will garner a lot of interest from teams because of his versatility, being able to play either safety or corner."

8. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

Spears is a 3-4 end or could grow into a monster 4-3 tackle. He has the frame for it, and with his agility he would be unblockable. He may slip because he isnt a prtotype at either position, but will probably explode in 2 or 3 seasons as he develops into a position. Something crazy will probably happen like with Marquise Hill and Vince Wilfork. He'll slip all the way to NE with the last pick of the round, and Bill will laugh all the way to the podium to turn in his card that says Marcus Spears Defensive Lineman LSU.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He's going to have to get down to about 250 to play linebacker. I am not surprised with this at all.

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Wow whats wrong with Webster....a year ago today he was probably the best corner in college football after that sugar bowl performance