Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rece@2022, Jan 25, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Jones is also working out at TE, WR, QB, and long snapper. Dude just wants to play.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I was listening to practice coverage on the radio on Monday when Jason Campbell took the field for the first time of the session. The report went something like, "Jason Campbell now stepping in at quarterback, and he has really looked impressive so far.....oh, and he was just picked off by Corey Webster." :rofl: :rofl:

I laughed out loud in my car. I might have drawn a stare. :grin:

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Marcus Spears just keeps on improving his stock, and remember, he is still injured.

"While the South offensive linemen were improved today, DE Marcus Spears of LSU was still probably the best player on the field. Spears rebounded from a quietish day yesterday to dominate Ole Miss OG Marcus Johnson on a pair of inside pass rushes. Spears also had one of the day's hilite plays when he batted down a pass in the 11-on-11 drills and then made an even more athletic play when he went up to catch the rebound. And here's a scary sight: the 302-pound Spears working as the up-blocker on KO returns."

4. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I heard some expert on the radio say that CW has not looked good at all. Apparently, he's still hurting.

5. Tigerbait..

Tigerbait.. Founding Member

Travis Daniels came over to study a couple of times during the National Championship season. We had a Speech class together. He's a pretty cool guy very humble:D

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Levon Kirkland.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A.J. Duhe was a big, quick mobile DT at LSU in the 70's and was drafted by Miami. Bill Arnsparger, then the Miami DC, often played Duhe at linebacker and he would move around a lot sometimes dropping down in the interior line and sometimes playing straight up linebacker or dropping back into coverage. He would blitz from any position on the line or at backer and in one game he also had three interceptions, one for a TD.

8. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

i would not want to be the guy trying to brake through the wedge head on with Marcus! that would not be fun!

9. Tampatiger84

Tampatiger84 Freshman

go to buccaneers.com to see info on the senior bowl. Travis Daniels got a mention by Gruden as having a good workout earlier in the week.

10. friday

friday Founding Member

what you said is partially true, but even saban mentioned a few times during the course of the year that our cb's, esp webster, played poor technique. I remember in a few games wesbter turned his hips the wrong way and got burned for some big gains. any time you're one on one, the WR has the advantage and the CB must play sound technique.