Sep 11 LSU vs Syracuse??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by alumni95, Feb 2, 2004.

1. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

Dear Houma

I appreciate the knock on USC, but do you really want to be known as a cupcake eater?

I say with the talent we have and the coaching staff, let's take this up another notch. Let's be known as the team that will play anybody, anywhere, anytime and DOMINATE!!

2. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Re: Dear Houma

i agree , but i never pass a chance to dis USC

3. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I don't believe we would ever schedule a game at Syracuse, if that's what they want I think they are out of luck. The great thing about playing in the SEC is that the conference is so tough that you really can play a weak non-conference schedule and make it to the big game. However, once you get to our level, I agree that it is better to have quality opponents, but you have to balance that with finding the best quality opponent you can that will not require a home game.

4. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

sugar, i was hoping for Syracuse at home. we definitely wouldn't head out to the Carrier Dome.

no reason for us to do that. Not when you're the King!! everybody comes to you!

5. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

test

test thread, trying to figure out how to make a quote show up in my signature...

6. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Houston is in my opinion a very good team. Kolb their Quarterback as a true freshman last year was outstanding. They got a awesome Coach in Art Briles, and won The Hawaii Bowl last year, Most of that team will be back this year. If Everything goes well they have a chance to challenge for a Liberty Bowl Spot especially since TCU jumped ship to the Mountain West Conference.

7. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

remember guys, if syracuse wouldn't have beat notre dame then USC's SOS would have been greater and we might have been in the rose bowl.

I think the best way to thank them is to invite them down to the swamp and give them a good ol' fashioned death valley a$$ whippin'

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Well, I take that back, it wasn't someone from Tiger Rag, it was someone on their message board and here is the quote.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But at least CUSA teams are, on average, better than Sun Belt Teams (save for North Texas--but if they played in CUSA, UNT would be nothing more than a 4th ranked team).

But I agree, playing Houston has it's advantages--namely in recruiting where Houston is a great place to get some good talent.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Houston had a new coach and a true freshman QB last year ... they are talented on offense and scored a lot of points. Their weakness was on defense. They will be better team next year.

I think Houston is a quality OOC opponent and won't hurt our SOS...