Serious Predictions on the attendance at the Spring Game

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 5, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have no idea but it has to be a high number. I will say 15,000.

Anybody got numbers from previous spring games under Saban's rule?

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think if they schedule it correctly and really promote it there could be many more than that, especially if the reports coming out of practice are glowing about the 2 freshmen QB's. Have we ever had so many fans so anxious to see 2 kids play football before.

3. DgPTiger

DgPTiger Founding Member

I think the attendance of the Spring Game after our Sugar win witih Rohan and the gang was close to 30,000 if I remember correctly.

So if they promote it well, and don't put it on a Friday night at 5pm again, we could see well over 30,000 out there with the highly touted Frosh QB's showing their stuff.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Weather permitting, I anticipate there being a 30,000+ crowd. Too many people want to see what is happening with the RSFR, among other things. I for one can't wait to be there. Only severe, life-threatening illness on the part of myself and or my little girl could prevent me from being there.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I am planning to be there.

6. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I really think that the attendance could be 40,000 plus. I mean it rained at the National Championship Celebration and 25,000 plus showed up. I think that with the QB situation we have many will want to see how that goes. And if the weather is right people will be coming in to tailgate and catch up with friends, since it'll really be our first chance to get back together since the Sugar Bowl, and I just want to see Herman Johnson in person, I know a lot of signees showed up last year, so I'm sure there will be some popping up, and I don't think Big Herm can get lost in a crowd.

7. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

8. prab2reddy

prab2reddy Freshman

when is the spring game this year

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

It will be record, I can just about guarantee that

10. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

What they did last year was have the spring game on a Friday before an LSU baseball game. This was terrible for many reasons. First many fans just got off work and would have had to rush to Tiger Stadium. Plus all of the out of town folks would have had to take off work to attend. To top it off the Spring game occured during the first weekend off LSU spring Break. I think attendence was under 10,000. They need to have the game on a Saturday at about 3:00. This gives out of town fans a chance to go and gives us some tailgaiting time.