Several schools accused of paying services for recruit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I knew this wasn't going well:dis: .... NO, just ironic, in an ironic kinda way.

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Well...the NCAZIS believed this guy because his testamony was the cornerstone in nailing Alabama. Looks to me like the NCAA and SEC sold out Alabama and in doing so protected the other schools involved. Alabama got thrown under the bus for the same thing a bunch of other SEC schools did and at least one big ten school.

There was much more specific info that came out today that was not published before. Specifically names of coaches and what they offered is new information. The NCAA should be embarrassed, yet again, for another botched investigation and uneven handedness.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

exactly. they want to sit atop their perch holding who the choose to a specific standard yet when it comes time to disclose details their standards are nowhere to be found. Always some sort of coverup.

they're pretty pathetic.

4. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

It is the most infamous monopoly in America. That's what happens when power is consolidated into a totalitarian system, like the Nazi's. It is rotten from the head down.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Ive had a hard one for the NCAA ever since Coach Brown had the sack to call these bastages out. I follow their pitiful efforts with interest and no matter what case they touch it turns into an embarrassing cluster &^%$. This year alone they have screwed up 5 major cases and left a rather ugly stain on themselves in the Nuehiesal fiasco.

This one may top them all though. The more I read the more evident it becomes that shady back room deals where made here and probably still are. What a fugly mess they made of this one.

This article was really bad timing. Sentencing was to be held today in the convicted Bama booster case. The judge is now calling Lang back to court because of this article and presumably to explain why his testimony and newspaper interview differ from his testimony in court and the governments position during the trial. And get this...the US Attorney on this case is from Benton Harbor, Michigan and miraculously Lynn Lang who was a Memphis HS Football coach just happened to get a job there! LMAO....give me my boots, its getting deeper by the minuteā€¦.UGH.

Just read this disaster while you hold your nose:

http://www.memphisflyer.com/content.asp?ID=3277&onthefly=1

6. tigerfantoo

tigerfantoo Founding Member

The old saying is 90 percent of college football teams don't cheat in recuting and the other 10 percent teams go to bowl games.:eek:ldskule:

7. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

In all fairness, when does this case end?

Albert Means has already used up his elligibility and Bama's probation has already expired yet this guy Lang is still "testifying" about all the crap he
    claims happened. Every time Lang opens his mouth he seems to attempt to implicate other schools and coaches.

This case has gone on for around 5 years and it's becoming laughable.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Absolutely . . . if they are proven to have cheated.

Allegations by someone like Lang should be taken for what they are worth right now. Zippo. People can make up all kinds of storys that they can't prove and they can mention anybody, including LSU, if they want to.

I don't make much of this statement by Lang. He's trying to spread the guilt around and make himself look like a victim of the big ol' greedy universities.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I wonder what the NCAA would find if they really, really looked into this....as much as I want to believe that those schools didn't do this and he is a liar....I could very well see what he is saying as true.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The NCAA knew about this MarineTiger but chose to ignore it. The head investigator for the NCAA is being quoted by numerous witnesses in depostitions in the Ex-Bama coaches suit saying "I dont want to hear about anything except Alabama". Tennessee, Tennessee Boosters and Roid Kramer are the principle architechts in hanging an SEC School out to dangle in the wind while protecting equally guilty member schools. Just so happens the Bammer booster paid more money so they get the hatchet job.

Whats even more ironic is this guy is fingering "COACHES" from other schools yet the case against Bama was against a Booster and not coaches. I would consider it to be a far more serious offense and lack of institutional control if coaches are involved in payoffs yet the NCAA did nothing to those coaches and schools being fingered by Lang.

This is truely one of the most sordid affairs in the history of the SEC.