Sevin leaves Tigers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TigerRuss, Feb 11, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

OK guys, don't panick. We will have several guys transfer out this year and hopefully Saban knows which ones. We couldn't take a lot of our recruits if we didn't have I believe at least 4-5 transfer. Didn't we lose 19 seniors, I can't remember for sure? Had to that 2 juniors who left early and that brings us to 21. If this is correct then at least 4 would have to transfer out. In a perfect worl we would want that to be a junior or senior that wasn't going to play at all but if I were one of those guys I would rather stay on this team and have a shot at some more championships than to go to a smaller school. There are going to be several of these rumors popping up in the next few months, most will be un-true, a few will be correct.

When the program starts to get the kind of depth we have some kids see the handwriting on the wall and decide that it would be best for them somewhere else. I'm sure they discuss the situation with their coach, see where they are projected and then make a decision.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It has just been reported by Matt Deville that sevin did not leave LSU but is taking a medical redshirt I believe as he has a condition that has cuased him to black out on several occasions. That is all that is known at this time.

3. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

Two members of the 2003 signing class, Daryl Johnson and Jerry Sevin, are no longer on the team. Johnson had academic problems and never was able to enroll at LSU and Jerry Sevin quit the team sometime after the Sugar Bowl, but his quitting was not made public until Wednesday. I wish both players the best of luck in the future

.......this is what dandy don posted about Sevin

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I hope he's OK.

I know some guys really want playing time but I hate to lose any Tigers.

5. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Opinion should be welcome on this message board. I do agree that a link would make a post more creditable.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

dandy don says he is taking a med RS

7. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

thanks.

8. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

Remember Comeaux had

a serious condition (Chrome's Disease) and couldn't get back healthy enough to play. I am afraid that Sevin's medical problems will slow him down even more trying to get off of the squad team...hope he gets well but we may have the same case as Comeaux but I pray that his condition of black outs go away and he can come back and play for the Tigers!