Shame on USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USMTiger, Dec 22, 2003.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Sure you aren't one of those Stoopes brothers? I hope you've got your Sugar Bowl ticket so you can watch your beloved Sooners play. I've got mine, but I'll be there to see the Tigers.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

WOW what a well educated argument. You must be an AP voter. Have fun at the Rose Bowl.

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I will, Jan. 4 2006 when LSU is playing for another NC.

By the way, why pick on the AP so much, dallastigers? The coaches poll also has USC as #1. Enlighten us with some of your scholarly wisdom as to why they have chosen to do so.

4. dallastigers

WOW another one.

You might want to review your posts to see why I brought up the AP in any of my posts.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I was making my point that the AP is not a part of some conspiracy against LSU or OU. You pointed out earlier that everyone knew that win or lose OU would be in the NC. I agree with that, except no one had any idea they could possibly be humiliated and lose by 4 TD's. I thought it was really interesting that on the BCS selection show Saban and Carroll were both available for interviews, while Stoopes was absent and had his defensive coordinator on the show to field questions as to whether or not they deserved to be in the NC. If OU was so deserving, why wasn't Stoopes on to gladly accept their spot in the Sugar Bowl?

The fact is, USC was #2 going into that weekend in both polls. The #1 team lost, and USC dominated OSU. Therefore, it stands to reason USC moves up to #1. I have no problem being ranked #2 right now, all I care about is beating OU and being #1 at the end of the year in the coaches poll. Hopefully Michigan beats USC and all this discussion will be for nothing.

Bottom line: I don't care if we are playing OU, USC, Bowling Green or Vanderbilt. LSU is playing for the NC on Jan. 4 and I will be there. Face it, not everyone is going to agree with you, and I know not everyone is going to agree with me. I have voiced my opinion, so get over your inferiority complex and find something more constructive to do with your time. Take a nice long walk, go fishing, hell - watch the Price is Right. Anything other than sitting around getting pissed off when someone doesn't agree with you. Have a nice day.

6. dallastigers

I think you might have the inferiority complex. I cannot helped it that you had to resort to calling me an OU fan and then saying you would go see LSU at the 2006 Rose Bowl, which would have to be through the same BCS system that you are putting down in your posts.

You jumped on this thread by looking down on people who were making fun of USC, so you might need to take your own advice (above) and realize a far majority of the posts here have voiced the opposite of your beliefs. Look at the subject of this discussion.

Just look at your little whinny post above, and other sarcastic comments that have to be because I will not agree with your opinion. Who acts like this over a message board post.

OU and LSU are better than USC. The BCS system worked. One day we will have play-offs, but until then I will take the BCS over just the human polls. In regards to KSU's margin of victory, yes we all knew before the game that margin of victory would not make a difference in the BCS formula, so we knew OU was in win or lose regardless of score. Just like you said things happen in a season, and this year things happened to every team. So I cannot just look at the last weekend of the regular season and say USC is better than OU.

Wins over ranked teams

USC
    o Has one win over WSU 14.5 average in the polls
    o Their lone loss was to California – unranked and no votes as well.

LSU
    o Has two wins over the #11 team Georgia
    o Has one win over Ole Miss with a 17 average in the polls
    o Their lone loss was to Florida with a 17 averaged in the polls

OU
    o Has one win over the Texas at #5
    o Has one win over OK State with a 21.5 average in the polls
    o Their lone loss was to KSU with an average ranking of 9 in the polls

Conference Ranked Teams

Pac 10 – minus USC
    o Has only one other team ranked – WSU with a 14.5 average

SEC – minus LSU
    o Has TN with 6.5 average
    o Has Georgia with 11 average
    o Has Ole Miss with a 17 average
    o Has Florida also with a 17 average

Big 12 – minus OU
    o Has Texas with 5 average
    o Has KSU with 9 average
    o Has NEB with 21.5 average
    o Has OK State also with 21.5 average.

Wins over teams with winning records

USC – 4
    o Auburn
    o Hawaii
    o Washington State
    o Oregon State

LSU – 5
    o Georgia
    o Auburn
    o Ole Miss
    o Arkansas
    o Georgia in SEC Championship

Oklahoma - 6
    o North Texas
    o Fresno State
    o Texas
    o Missouri
    o OK State
    o Texas Tech

Offense

USC
    o 42.2 points a game
    o 163.3 rushing yards a game
    o 287.4 passing yards a game
    o 19.3 % over conference average for total yards

LSU
    o 34.9 points a game
    o 187.8 rushing yards a game
    o 238.8 passing yards a game
    o 16.6 % over conference average for total yards

Oklahoma
    o 45.2 points a game
    o 154.00 rushing yards a game
    o 307.4 passing yards a game
    o 13.9 % over conference average for total yards

Defense

USC
    o 18.8 points game
    o 61.1 rushing yards a game
    o 276.7 passing yards a game
    o 8.7 % under(better) conference average for total yards

LSU
    o 10.8 points a game
    o 68.2 rushing yards a game
    o 191.4 passing yards a game
    o 23.7 % under(better) conference average for total yards

Oklahoma
    o 14.8 points a game
    o 109.7 rushing yards a game
    o 145.9 passing yards a game
    o 32.7 % under(better) conference average for total yards

7. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I am tired of USC by now, fugem. I'll watch the Hoser Bowl on Jan. 1, but that's about it.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You still didn't explain the "they " concept of the AP poll. When you say they, it would imply a groupd of people, but then you give these same "they" a single minded purpose such as ruining the BCS. So where did they all meet? Was it a conference call? is this the cosa nostra at work?

9. PnGtiger

PnGtiger Founding Member

Classless

It's a shame to see how delusional USC fans are. I first felt anger when I wnt to this site. Now I just feel pity that these fans are being led to believe that just by putting a " National Championship Game " logo on their web site, that it actually becomes that. The "classless" title I posted is actually for Pete Carroll. He is like a cult leader who whips his followers into a frenzy, makes them believe in falsehoods, and leads them down a path to destruction.:(

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I did notice that the other day. It's really pathetic and childish of them.