Shaq and Stro together ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. HatcherTiger

    HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2002
    Messages:
    9,878
    Likes Received:
    736
    Here is what ESPN has to say about the possibility:

    Memphis certainly has enough players to make things interesting. A package of Pau Gasol ($4.3 million), Lorenzen Wright ($7.15 million), James Posey ($5.4 million), Jason Williams ($6.875 million) and Bo Outlaw ($6.585 million) would equal one Shaq, filling a lot of Lakers holes at small forward, power forward, point guard and bench. Memphis would still have Shane Battier, Stromile Swift and Bonzi Wells to team with Shaq, which would make a certain Logo ridiculously happy as the Grizzlies move into a new building with all kinds of luxury suites ready to move
     
  2. Sourdoughman

    Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2003
    Messages:
    12,314
    Likes Received:
    560
    very interesting....
    Memphis is one of the few teams that have players to spare.

    btw, If Memphis traded 4 or 5 players for Shaq would that = the Hershel Walker trade in football?
     
  3. Bengal B

    Bengal B Founding Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2002
    Messages:
    47,041
    Likes Received:
    22,190
    Jimmy Johnson still laughs about how he screwed the Vikings on the Herschel Walker deal. If I was Mitch Kupcheck I wouldn't even answer the phone when Jerry West called.
     
  4. mesquite tiger

    mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2003
    Messages:
    3,967
    Likes Received:
    66
    take this to the bank.....

    by the start of next season Shaq will be a Laker or a Maverick.

    Mark Cuban has already said he will trade ANYTHING for Shaq, and rumor has it Nash and Dirk are at the top of the list. Shaq probably requested a trade thinking the Lakers would say no, and got a big surprise when they said ok. I would say 75% chance Shaq is a Laker come next season, 25% rides with the Mavs.
     
  5. tirk

    tirk im the lyrical jessie james

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2004
    Messages:
    46,719
    Likes Received:
    20,758
    mesq, I didnt hear that but I sure as hell knew that would be who would do it. dude has pocket change that equals shaq's salary. Cuban will sign shaq you can almost bank it....if he leaves L.A.
     
  6. Bengal B

    Bengal B Founding Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2002
    Messages:
    47,041
    Likes Received:
    22,190
    It dosen't matter if Cuban has more money than Bill Gates. He still has to live with the salary cap.
     
  7. islstl

    islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2003
    Messages:
    46,071
    Likes Received:
    9,636
    Yeah but he's got so many high priced players on his payroll that he need only trade a couple of players for Shaq and the salary exchange would be about the same.
     
  8. islstl

    islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2003
    Messages:
    46,071
    Likes Received:
    9,636
    And don't forget the Ricky Williams draft day debacle by the Saints.
     
  9. ScoobaTiger

    ScoobaTiger Founding Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2003
    Messages:
    72
    Likes Received:
    3
    Stro in Playboy

    Did anybody see Stro with two hot playboy bunnies in the July 2004 Playboy? He is pictured with Ava Fabian and Colleen at Playboy's 50th anniversary club tour.
    :geaux: :champs: :geaux:
     
  10. Richdog

    Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

    Joined:
    May 18, 2003
    Messages:
    3,801
    Likes Received:
    546
    Colleen attended LSU!
     

Share This Page