Shaq quote (yeah, it's a few days old)...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bubbafong, Jan 13, 2005.

1. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

If this was posted before, sorry. Someone mentioned Shaq a few minutes ago and it reminded me of this and I figured some of you might enjoy it.

If you weren't listening to ESPN radio slightly before the Orange Bowl you may not have heard Shaq's interview. As you know he was there to do the coin toss, so before the game on the sideline, someone asked him who he wanted to win the game.

His response was something like this (from memory, so it won't be word for word): 'I would like to see LSU win, but since they're not here, I'll have to go with the next best team, USC'.

Now as I said, that's probably not exactly right, but that's basically what he said.

You gotta love Shaq. Always giving LSU props. And I can forgive him for rooting for USC. After all, he did spend a good while in southern California (and made a lot of money off those people I might add).

Just thought I'd share.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Shaq is THE MAN.

I didn't know that he did that. That's great that he still loves LSU. I know that his father was in the US Army on active duty in Germany when Shaq was in high school at the Dept of Defense US high school in Germany. Shaq's dad was a Sergeant and raised Shaq the right way.

Thanks, Shaq!

3. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

The Advocate also reported the rumor that he may be interested in buying Saban's house in order to have a permanent residence in BR. That would be really cool if it happened. It'd be great to have him hanging out around here some in the offseason.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I've heard of people seeing him around campus last year. He supposedly was riding his chopper around BR and came and stopped by campus.

5. geauxgirl80

geauxgirl80 Freshman

one thing is for certain. kobe now knows who is the real franchise player and it isn't him.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Can you imagine how cool it would be if Shaq bought Saban's old house and enjoyed hanging around campus on his chopper?

Oh, man! Would the athletes FLOCK to LSU or what?

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

you should see that thing (chopper)! I saw him coming down Highland on it last summer...that's the biggest bike I've ever seen. He looked like - I don't know what but it was quite a sight!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I wonder if this was the bike that Jesse James made for him @ West Coast Choppers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

that's the one - the finished product is yellow

10. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member