SHAQ TO MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Jul 10, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This will be a case of "be careful what you wish for" for Kobe.

He will finally be "the man" in LA like he always wanted. Now he gets to fail miserably in that role. The Lakers will not win another title with Kobe, unless Shaq stupidly stays, which is all but impossible.

The really said thing is if Kobe were told that he could go back to the 2000 season and start over without Shaq, and attempt to win those 3 straight championships without him, I really think he would trade the rings all in just for that chance to shine in the spotlight "solo". Pretty pathethic.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Funny how we have short memories. Remember just 2 years ago we thought of Kobe as the real good guy in the NBA and the posterchild for all that is pure. He speaks 5 languages, hes very educated, hes not the typical thug of the NBA. Now we see his true colors regardless the outcome of the trial. Amazing how things are never what they seem.

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

TigerEducated, rarely do I agree with you but in this instance I do agree that Cup-check as you call him is part of the problem. When we look back on this trade you will shake your head in disgust (if you are a Lakers fan) as am I and say this was a monumental mistake. I do contend that Jerry Buss was calling all the shots behind the scenes. In addition, I think this will villanize Kobe as he should be. "Giving away" the best center in the league will prove to be the biggest blunder in Kupchack and Dr. Buss's tenure with the Lakers.

After being a huge Kobe fan for most of his career, I really soured on him this year for being the problem in LA. Selfish, self centered and to much "Me" instead of "We" in his vocabulary. Mark my words, Kobe will not win another championship in LA....and I'm a huge Lakers fan.

Everyone will soon find out that Kobe is not Michael. Michael made players around him better. That is not the case with Kobe. I will contend that Shaq did tend to "take games off" from time to time but during the playoffs it was on.

Good by championships in LA. At least for the next several years.