Shaquille O'Neal is a MVP

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSULSULSU, Feb 15, 2004.

1. LSULSULSU

LSULSULSU Founding Member

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

yeah......woo effin hoo. all all-star games should cease to exist in ALL sports. what a waste of time.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wow....did someone get left off the All-Star team for Little League, or what?

Just kidding man.

Any reason why you feel All-Star games should cease?

In my opinion, All-Star games FINALLY play to the intended group--THE FANS!

Are pro all-star games a popularity contest? You bet they are. Are they less than ideal? Sure...

But what they do is act as a "To the fans: We thank you" type of game.

4. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

I agree with you on pro sports, but for everyone else they are very important. It's a great oppurtunity for college and high school athletes.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Although they can't compare at all to the World Series or the NBA Finals, I like the MLB and NBA All-Star games. With the NBA All-Star game, you really get to see how talented those guys are. The Rookie/Sophmore game also showcased skills that you rarely see. Although I kicked myself for not watching the end of the Pro Bowl this year, that game usually sucks.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

tex shaq is dominant. he plays center, not guard, not forward. he doesn't need to be able to do those other things. yes he was better when he could but he is still the best player as far as being the most dominant in the game tiday.

7. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

i can't believe Shaq won it...i saw him committ 3 TOs on almost back-to-back-to back plays

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's not how the games is played though is it.

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

So what about all of the other 7 footers in the league that can do jack squat? Did you see him leading the break during the All-Star game high stepping down the floor? Or the pick and roll with Kobe where he got the ball at the 3 point line, took two steps and threw it down?

The reason he is so good is his athleticism and coordination. There is no other person his size on the planet who can do what he does. That is why he is dominant.

As far as a team of 5 Shaqs, would you like to go against a 2-3 zone with all 7 footers on the floor? His team would get ever rebound, so the Jordans must make every shot they take. And how would a 6'6" Jordan/Kobe have any shot stopping Shaq in the post?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Following your logic, Geert Hammink should have been a perennial NBA all star.