Sharper added to PuP list. Out 6 games

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by fanatic, Sep 5, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I never understood why you automatically have to miss 6 games when you're put on the 'physically unable to perform' list. Why can't you return if you're healed before then?

Also, what advantage does the team have by adding a player to the PuP list? If they're confident he'll be ready to go in 4, just don't play him as a coach's decision or whatever.

LINK

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And that's exactly what teams do.

The Vikings decided just yesterday to NOT place Cedric Griffin on the PUP and instead wait out 3 or 4 games until he can actually contribute. That means he takes up a valuable spot on the 53 man roster in which you're of no help whatsoever and your depth takes a hit somewhere.

So, pick your poison.

Trust me, if they thought Sharper could go by game 3, he would have not been placed on the PUP. But obviously that is not the case.

3. fanatic

I hear ya, but to hear Sharper talk, he was going to try and play in the Minn. game, even though he wasn't quite 100%. So why the big discrepancy? If he was, say 90%, it seems like he would only need a game or 2 to be back at full strength. Yet, he was placed on the PuP and is out 6 games. There's some conflicting information somewhere.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Payton went on record today as saying that Sharper was not close to being ready.

So FWIW.

5. fanatic

Can't argue with the coach. He's already proved he knows what he's doing.