Shawn Jordan vs. Brandon "Bull" Hurley

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SeN-SaTioN, Feb 26, 2003.

1. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

It would be a shame for anyone of guys had to sit the sidelines next season. I havn't seen Hurley in action, so I don'tknow too much about him. But we all have seen what Shawn Jordan can do in his recruiting video. He is a phenominal athlete that recently won the wrestling state championship.

Do you think anyone of them could play LB? Are we thin at the LB position? Shawn Jordan's height may be a concern as a LB, but does anyone know if they guys can both seeing the playing field next season?

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I do not think Hurley was really ready for the position last year. Hurley started last year as a DL. According to DandyDon he has lost around 30 pounds and is down to 250. It will be good to have some choices there this year. For sure we will be better at that position next year than we were last year.

3. Either way, that will be a nice battle between those guys. Luckily as opposed to LSU coaches of the recent past, Saban will get the guys on the field somehow if they are top notch players. He is pretty good at evaluating talent and switching guys around so he has the best 22 on the field.

4. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I agree with you LSUBayouBengals...I think Dinardo did a terrible job of juggling his highly touted tight ends of Robert Royal, Eric Edwards, Joe Domingeaux, and Kyle Kipps. We had all that talent and our tight ends made up about 5% of the offensive production. Those guys were battling for half a position b/c they were not receiving the recognition they deserved. Still Saban hasn't exploited the TE as much either.

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Hurley

Hurley played fullback much of the South Carolina game. He was installed to negate the rush of the outstanding DL from South Carolina, who could not be blocked by the OL. Hurley made several timely blocks, protecting Randall from this guy.