Shawn Jordan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Indiana Tiger, May 19, 2005.

1. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

Ex-Riverside star arrested:
    </FONT>

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"Jordan, who played in two games last season but did not carry the ball, will be classified as a sophomore at LSU next season. He came out of the spring listed as the third-string fullback on the school's depth chart."

I guess, third stringers are desperate to move up on the depth chart. The kid is only a sophomore.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Dang, if he had just gone five miles north he coulda just walked across with the rest of the illegals.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

His recruiting video at the bash was unbelievable, I thought he would be a major contributor by now for sure. I hope it was just a one time bad decision(if he IS guilty) and that he can get back on the right path.

5. I remember that video. I thought he and Matt Flynn looked the most promising on tape. Both still have plenty of time though, I'd like to see them step it up for this year.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

The silver lining here... if there is one... is that he went to El Paso, suggesting the lack of availability from local sources, i.e., an over-zealous, well-intended booster. Perhaps he should have just stopped off in Lubbock.

Ah, these young kids... not criminals, just stupid.

From the infamous mouth of my grandmother:
    "All kids turn out O.K. if they live long enough".

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

He probably picked a very bad time to get busted with this stuff. Everybody is so sensitive to this issue right now (thanks barry). Will be interesting to see how Coach Miles deals with this.

The article indicates he was charged with a misdemeanor. If prosecuted, he could get deferred adjudication meaning that his record would show no conviction if he successfully completes a period of probation (up to a maximum of 3 years). Add in the fines, supervision fees, attorney's fees, community service hours, visits to the probation department, urinalysis testing, etc. and the young man will probably pay quite a debt to the community before all's said and done. A fairly expensive lapse in judgement.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Normally, I would expect a suspension for a misdemeanor, not a dismissal. But . . . since this involves a performance-enhancing drug that is against NCAA and LSU policy, it will probably cost him his scholarship.

Miles doesn't need a guy around the program who will always be suspected of abusing the rules in the off-season when the screening tests can't catch him. Most third-team players just haven't made enough impact to be valuable enough to retain if they have tarnished the schools image. Miles may also have trouble meeting the 85-scholarhip limit in August. It may be a bad year for a sophomore player to get in trouble.

10. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

That is the part that worries me.