Shawnson Johnson finished

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Dec 3, 2002.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Heard on the news that Shawnson Johnson cleared out his locker and left at halftime of Delaware St. game. Brady said after the game that he had been kicked off the team.

2. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

Can't really kick someone off the team who

quit the team. This is a huge blow for Brady.

3. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

Sorry but I refuse to say good ridance to the kid. If someone treats you like crap day in and day out you would quit the team too. The way that Johnson did it was uncalled for but at least he apologized to his teammates before he quit. This kid wasn't the first that Brady ran off or destroyed nor will he be the last, unfortunately at LSU.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This probably stems from Brady's lack of people skills. I think that if Brady is ripping him in practice then he should also be encouraging him in private. Bring the kid into his office and give the speech about only being harsh because he cares so much and wants to develop the kid to his fullest potential. A few positive words goes a long way.

5. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

I have to agree with you on this TuWho?

Shawnson and Stromile Swift were good friends going back to their high school days in Shreveport. Stromile told Shawnson this summer he was making a huge mistake playing for Brady. He told Shawnson that he learned more about basketball fundamentals in the first 2 minutes of his first NBA practice than he learned in 2 years under Brady's non-coaching.
    This team is in disarray. The players support Shawnson, but the seniors feel trapped. They can't transfer. The underclassmen feel like they lost a brother in Shawnson who was well respected by his teammates.

6. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

No question about it at all Mike. How many players have we seen in the past that have gone on to NCAA tourneys with other teams because they transfered due their inability to get along with the coach.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think it was Vince Lombardi that said, "Praise in public; criticize in private."

8. Mr. Wonderful

I feel for the underclassmen on this team.

Do they transfer? How do they react when one of their best friends and most respected teammates is treated this way by an egomaniac of a coach?
    I think this team needs a guy who can x and o and relate to young people. Someone like Coach Johnny Jones who is doing a tremendous job at North Texas State.
    Brady is sadistical in the way he is ruining young men's lives. He knows he is on the cusp of being fired and that is the least of his worries to tell the truth given the inevitable legal proceedings.
    Its time for a clean break. Its a shame a fine young man like Shawnson had to take the fall for this egomaniacal coach Brady.

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Is that the same Johnnie Jones that landed us in the NCAA doghouse?

10. Mr. Wonderful

Johnny Jones lead us to the penthouse of college basketball.

Lester Earl and Roy Williams schemed to put us in the doghouse. Now we are in the shithouse. We need to act quickly on this. Coach Floyd is planning on attending the Arizona game. Don't think that is a coincidence. He is resting comfortably in Iota right now and I guarantee you a fine young man and good athlete like Shawnson Johnson would not have been treated so unfairly by men like Coach Jones or Coach Floyd. Brady's personal sick agenda is ruining this team and young men's lives.