Should businesses be allowed...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 3, 2014.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I agree that it is wrong. I don't think we need laws to prohibit the behavior. The market will do it much more effectively. What we need the government to do is make sure things like Jim Crow are relegated to some bigot's operating policies and not enforced by law.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well that raises questions. How would it work? Where has that ever worked? Governments "make sure" of things by enforcing laws or enacting taxes. Without a legal barrier or a tax, how will this be accomplished?

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

How many know that the American Psychiatric Association book of mental illness defined homosexuality as a mental illness until the 1960s(? not sure of the exact date but well after WW2) It was thought to be an acquired sickness not a genetic difference by many in medicine. People were put in therapy and even institutionalized for being gay.

Obviously that was incorrect though there is a segment of society that hasn't accepted that. However that doesn't give them the right to discriminate (as we use the word today) against a group. Times change and as we learn more we should accept the growth of knowledge and adapt.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This doesn't explain the compulsion (for many of them) to run around acting like a damned sissy. I really don't care if they want to smoke pole or not, they are free to do as they please, and as I say that I realize they are free to act like a sissy boy as well. What pisses me off is when they get all contorted because someone "picks" on them for dressing and acting like a damn sissy boy. Guess I just don't understand.