Should conference divisions be eliminated?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Robidoux87, Dec 9, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I tried to check myself. It's not bitter, as much as funny human nature for wanting to change things when they start not working. I criticized Haney for similar hypocrisy earlier this week and have been regularly critical of USC for touting our record of never playing lower division teams....as if that's ever done anything for us and a realizing that the Pac has plenty of weak teams year in and year out.

It just seems that with every change, it's more about finding the best formula for manipulating schedules, rather than finding the best team through solid competition. Every conference is guilty of stupid shit.

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Nothing that cuts into profits will ever take place . Conference Divisions + Conference Games = $
    University Presidents don't give a rats ass about competitive integrity , the fans, player safety, or even if the big fat right guard is going to class. They want to make money.

lsu-i-like and furduknfish like this.
  3. Don Castavez

I've heard USC never plays the real small schools in non conference. I like that.

4. Don Castavez

If the power conferences come about and they will, all this 'they're our biggest rivalry our fans would not not tolerate losing that annual game' Bullshit that the Sister fuckers keep laying on about playing the Vols would have to go.
    It would become a completely systemic structured formula based on rotation and previous year' record with a couple of other standardized requirements similar to what NFL does. A lot of tradition and passion would be lost but at same time LSU won't get buttfucked having to play UF and Sister Fuckers every year.

LSUDieHard likes this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You should become a gump fan. Then all your problems are solved...

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The tradition and passion are what is great about college football. We already have the NFL.

leroy7500 likes this.
  7. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

So, you're not in favor of a 128 team playoff?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Don Castavez

Yeah but you can't stop progress and in this case it's spelled
    P R O G R E $ $. Look at Emmerts comments. They're already talking expanding to 8. They sniff money. They will fuck up college football in the interest of making a buck.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Eight is aight, 16 would kill the bowls. I think there is a balancing act that stops at 8. But we're talking about folks who've elected to use a committee (to their credit, Washington squeeked in).

10. Don Castavez

They're slowly making season irrelevant with playoff expansion. All that will matter is the tourney. That's what killed college round ball. Personally I liked the BCS- throw it in a computer. Nothing in my work experience ever saw anything good ever come out of a committee.

TheRealist, Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.