Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance at QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIGERFAN, Sep 28, 2010.

?

Should Jarrett Lee be given a chance at QB?

1. Give Lee a chance

129 vote(s)
    89.0%
  2. Stick with Jefferson

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

All we are sayyyyyyinnnnnnnnnggg.....is give Lee a channnnnnnce....

2. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Lee is, could or could have been developed into a good QB unfortunately it's in an offense that is broken. You are trying to replace the engine in the car but the whole car has gone to **** and the wheels are off and the front end is lying on the ground. There is no way to determine how or if Lee has progressed.

Lee has the 2nd best arm in the SEC, he might have not progressed between the ears... unknown but his arm is second only to Mallet IMHO.

Jefferson has no ability what so ever really being a starting QB, I could see a limited package for him as a backup. He does not have the DNA to be a QB, he has no ability to get the ball out ON-TIME. He has no real ability to run the ball. He has given what he can and all of this is not his fault.

I said all of this about Jefferson when everyone else was booing me for saying it, before it was fashionable but this is not all of his fault.

This problem is not going to be solved by throwing QBs at the problem. The problem is not the QB position, the play of the QBs can be mostly symptom of the problem but not the problem itself.

The problem will not go away until you get rid o f the bald guy up in the booth, then you are talking about years to actually fix everything that has happened. Short-term... new play caller might help, might not.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What is stupid is your response which doesn't address the poll. Non assholish types would have ignored the poll and moved on.

1 person likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's the most retarded way to handle this situation.

Commit to Lee NOW in practice this week.

Why are you having Jefferson looking over his shoulder? He has enough issues as it is with his receivers and O-line, why add this burden?

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

What I mean is, we're not even getting 100 yards passing but the running game has been solid. If we could throw it - we'd be a complete team.

If they give Lee another chance, let's say he get's the 3rd series of the game and the score is 0-0. He throws a terrible pick and it gives Tennessee points or great field position.... I'll at least shut up asking about J Lee.

However, if he completes a couple a nice passes (I'm talking about actually putting the ball in front of a WR) and we go down the field and get 6 points... I might never shut up about J Lee.

How's that?

6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Don't know if he recently said that or not, but it seems to me that after 08 he promised Lee that if he deserved a shot he'd get it, which had a hand in Lee staying...

The indications I have at the moment is that we're stuck with JJ at QB and we're going to have to learn to like it.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My thoughts exactly.

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

It's a stupid poll. READ. My comment surely did address the poll. The poll is irrelevant. It's like having a poll on whether the waterboy needs to be replaced, mostly irrelevant.

Feed whatever QB you could find and throw him to the Lions, it's not going to solve this problem.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

(Done in my best John Lennon voice)

All we are saaaaying,

Is give Lee a chaaaance

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

and Im not piling on the kid because I wasnt going to post this because this was told to me before the WVU game. The person said Jefferson had to stop in the middle of an interview on Wednesday of that week because he started crying because of the criticism he was taking

I really like the guy, but he needs to man up.
    something tells me if he was in Lee's shoes, he would have transfered.