Should the US back a Dictator?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Mar 2, 2011.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I agree it is the governments job to protect it's citizens. They should start with the border with Mexico and the hundreds of thousands that cross illegally. That is much more of a threat to the well being of the US citizenry than Muslim extremists. I'll bet more people are killed by certified doctors in the US than Muslim extremists.

2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I always thought we wanted to lead by example. I guess not.

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Do they exist really…for there to be an extreme there must be a half ass version, you know like the guy that only goes to church on Christmas and Easter. Then there must be a counterpart of the religion that is overboard, like the guys that yell at me one I go to a tittie bar. Pretty sure they are all somewhere in the middle.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

when i lived in baton rouge i had never met any jews really. and i had definitely never met anyone from pakistan. why the F do you think it is relevant who we have met?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

speaking of muslim extremists, anyone watch that hearing today? I think it was a crock of sh!t. Why is there a hearing on homegrown terrorists? There have been homegrown terrorists for decades. Now all the sudden that it's someone brown that is doing it, we have to have a hearing?

and for the original question, F no we shouldn't back a dictator. We shouldn't back anyone that treats their people like garbage. We are supposed to be better than our enemies.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Every one (muslim) that I have ever met actually.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yep that's it. If you're brown you must be up to no good. Way to nail it in a nutshell.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

King's damn fool hearing is all about King. This is McCarthyism pure and simple and he's making it obvious to everyone. He deserves the ton of crap that he's taking. He's playing right into Al Qaeda's agenda of alienating the 7 million US muslims.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's just trying to get the facts. American muslims should want the true facts out there and end all of the speculation. There is one report of promotion of jihadist activity in 75% of American mosques. One could claim that THAT is how al qaeda is trying to alienate 7 Miliion American Muslims. That 75% claim may be a ridiculous assertion but why not make them prove up the claim? If they can't and are made to look like fools, "good" muslims can point to that as hysterical rantings. Why are people afraid of the truth? The "racist" angle is a smokescreen put out there by inherently racist special interests.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why not make Canadian-Americans like yourself prove that they are patriotic?

The 75% claim has been debunked by proper studies, that's all anyone needs to do. 65% of our homegrown terrorist arrests were based on tips from the muslim community, muslims serve in each of our armed services, and they pay taxes.

This King business is a huge recruiting poster for Al Qaeda. Islam is not the enemy, Al Qaeda is. This is another black mark for making it look like the US is at war with an entire religion.