Should the US back a Dictator?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Mar 2, 2011.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Because while they cry out about equality, what they really want is "special".

May be harsh but it's the Gods honest truth.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not all of them do. The ones that do believe that "black" has too many negative connotations, which is hard to argue against. But it is confusing because it is used to talk about race instead of heritage. An American teenage black girl asked Kofi Annan a question on how he felt about an issue as an African-American. He had to remind her that he was not an African-American, but an African.

I think it is one of many stages of progression until we finally assimilate in all ways. Coming out of slavery they called themselves colored people, later negroes, then black (and proud), and now African-American. No doubt in another 2 generations it will have evolved into something else.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They don't have the rights of citizenship at all. The rights they do have are human rights that we practice towards every person in the country and demand that other nations do as well. Things like not being tortured or imprisoned without charges. They are entitled to due process. There are gray areas, of course, like public schools. I don;t think they are entitled to a public education. But if we are not going to deport their illegal parents, then we are better off if the kids are in school on a path to something better than on the street with the illegal alien drug gangs for mentors.

Why does the "right" do the same damn thing? The Bush administration was incredibly lax in border enforcement and didn't enforce American companies handing out illegal jobs at all.

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Both parties have failed us. They have let MILLIONS of the poorest people on earth come here to suck the life out of the social service system in the USA. We pay for these people that are here illegally. Did I mention that we borrow .40 cents of every dollar we spend on these people who are here illegally. It wouldn't matter if they were from mars I don't care what country they are citizens of. They are here and my tax dollars pay for their needs and they shouldn't be here.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so it's the poor people's fault america is going broke? While I would agree that entitlement programs suck up the majority of the taxpayers money, so does defense, and there is a sh!t ton of money that gets spent on defense that doesn't need to be spent. There are also government subsidies for oil companies that shouldn't be allowed. And this is going on the democrats shoulders as well as the republicans. 72 billion dollars in subsidies for Oil companies from 02-08.

Both republicans and democrats are really the same animal. they say that they have the American people in mind when making decisions, and that is false. They have the people who fund their campaigns in mind, those people have become their constituents instead of the majority of people who vote for them.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Why not just "American". Why the identifying label?

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I agree. Everything must be cut. We need to go over every program and leave nothing as sacred. Both republicans and democrats are slaves to their more vocal extremes who also put the money up for their war chest. You have to agree that we could do a much better job retraining our workforce and providing help to American citizens if we didn't have millions of citizens of other countries taking a large chunk of the finite amout of money set aside for these purposes. We should not be using American taxpayer money to feed , house, educate,nurse and provide for citizens of another country that are here illegally. Why do we have to accept millions of other countries poor ?

8. LaSalleAve

We have been doing that since our inception. It even says it on the Statue of Liberty. NAFTA was and is a huge failure. America's jobs go overseas, because of cheap labor.

As far as oil goes though, why can't the United States start approving drilling on American owned land, and get rid of the oil subsidies, and implement a cap on the amount a oil company can charge for their product? Same with natural gas. It's here, we have it, and if we have it, we can pretty much control the market, can't we?

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

are a racist? dont you want poor people overseas to have jobs? the reason these people work for chep is that really need the money. because they are poor and suffering. are you somke sort of nationlist hitler youth or something that only wants americans to work?

i am not being facetious at all. one of the many facts that revleals to me that poeple dont genuinely give a damn about other people is this reluctance to let jobs go where they are needed. and this is not a criticism of the selfihness, but only the dishonesty.

10. LaSalleAve

No I'm not racist, I'm an Americanist.

all NAFTA did was give companies an excuse to stop using American Labor. Labor that is probably not regulated at all, so these people are working for dirt, in horrible conditions. Have you ever seen the documentary on Wal Mart that shows you a day in the life of a Chinese Wal Mart employee? It's basically slave labor.