Should this be LSU's new Quarterbacks coach???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, May 19, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Which is why Gonzales and Emsinger will be more involved.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Says who? All we're going by right now is Gonzales' job title. I would really like to see a link to a story with more details. Could be that the QBs get most of their coaching from Gonzales and Emsinger. Could just as well be that Gonzales and Emsinger spend most of their time with receivers and tight ends, and QB coaching is still 80% Crowton.

3. LEGACY TIGER

I don't have a link, but Miles labeling of Gonzales as passing game coordinator would indicate he will have something to do with the QB's.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

You won't find an official link saying Crowton or Emsinger are heavily involved because that would downgrade Crowton to the public and LSU won't let that happen but I watched film from practices this spring where Crowton was working with the QBs.

Crowton will likely get some play calling opportunities as well like he did at UF as the redzone coordinator but you will not see an official article about that either for the same reasons.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Also got to remember that Crowton is a delicate topic among LSU fans.

One of Gonzales 1st quotes after being hired shows this when he said I am coming here to help Crowton and not to take over his job.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Nor would I expect to see anything official from LSU or Gonzales for that very reason. I'm thinking more along the lines of a profile article by The Advocate, ESPN, whatever, explaining what his actual duties are in a little more detail. We'd have a better chance at figuring out the degree of his QB involvement from independent sources than speculating based on a change in job title. If Crowton still pulls most of the strings when it comes to QB coaching we may have a lot of disappointed Tiger fans expecting Gonzales to be a savior, when in reality he may not have nearly as much influence as they think.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

But how involved? Having never played QB, how much knowledge and technique can he possibly impart? Plus, Tebow didn't exactly develop over the years.

That is my concern, too. I sincerely hope Gonzales is the savior, but I just don't know how capable he is to be such.

In any case, I think we can all agree that his presence will be a positive one, at the very least, even if not the savior.

8. LEGACY TIGER

Savior maybe a bit optimistic on the fans part, hoping that 2 heads are better than one would be a bit more realistic, and if it turns out to have a positive effect then the decision will have proven to be the right one.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They damn sure ain't going to say "co-coordinators".

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Revealing, I might say.