Should we Fight a More Sensitive War on Terrorism?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Aug 12, 2004.

?

Should we fight a more sensitive war on terrorism?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
  1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

why do they use alcohol and a cotton ball to clean an arm before lethal injection?

2. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

Like Winston Churchill said, "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." :lol:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Bush before 9/11/01:
    Bush 6 DAYS Ago:
    Kerry's "sensitive" comment in context of speech:

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

As for the poll above, definitely no. I believe political correctness should be thrown out the window in certain parts of Iraq right now where terrorist leaders actually maintain control of cities for instance. Thankfully one such step is being taken right now in Najaf. This has taken several months of violence in Najaf though before an assault was made, why? If you ask me though...... A few of these hitting them where it hurts (their families, friends, comrades, as well as the leaders) would be a good start:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Kerry's master plan is to utilize swift boats in our attack on the enemy. Get it?

6. islstl

It's the polite thing to do before turning their insides into jello.

7. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Oui! Allons Monsieur Kerry!

More importantly this sounds funnier in French; Monsieur Kerry est un sac de douche

8. islstl

This just in, the governor or NJ has asked Kerry if he can head up the Homeland Security department, citing that he has extensive training in etiquette and has flawless fashion sense.

Reports are that Kerry wanted to know if McGreevey was into 3 ways.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think we should fight a more covert war against terrorism. There are times when we are going to have to be ruthlessly insensitive about going in and killing some enemies.

We just don't have to be so damn obvious about it.

We would be much better off unleashing black operations by Special Forces and the CIA on a vast scale so the enemy would just start disappearing in their own back yards.

Taking down dictators at random and occupying countries at great expense in American lives, treasure and reputation creates more enemies than it eliminates. Overt military action is so obviously in the public eye that it inhibits the kind of 'insensitive' operations that are needed to get the job done.

We need more sensitivity in how cleverly we choose to fight this war, not in how hard we hit the enemy. It's not enough to do the right thing . . . you have to do the thing right.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Good Idea. I would like to see alot more covert operations too. At the same time, how can we really know how much of it is going on right now? It is covert afterall... I have to believe there is plenty going on, because this war really could be much worse than it is.