Should we pull for or against VA Tech

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tboy, Dec 1, 2007.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

On the 1% chance both Mizzou and WV lose, do we pull against Va Tech or for them? I know they are ranked ahead of us, but it would seem probable that we would jump them given our dominating win over them. If that is assumed, we would want them to win to keep our SOS up and to help us jump Georgia,etc. Any BCS experts have an opinion?

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

isltl can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he wrote days ago we need BC to beat VA Tech.

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I would think it would be best for any team ranked above us to lose a game. I still can't believe VT is ranked above us since we beat them soundly and thoroughly. Guess that's why we all love the BCS. :eek:ldskule:

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

No no.... Va Tech winning actually helps us, since we beat them.

That would give us 2 wins over Top 10 teams- Florida and Va Tech.

:geaux:

5. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Help us please oh BCS Guru!!!! I need to know who to pull for before the game starts. Don't you know it will determine the outcome of the game!!:hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol:

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If you are concerned about BCS positioning still, we certainly want VT to lose.

It's possible that the voters would move us back up above VT even if we both win--taking into account our walloping of them--but we all know that human voters get tunnel vision. Getting the team ranking higher than us a loss heavily outweighs any gain we'd get to our SOS.