Should we sit the injured

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Sep 4, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

More specifically Ben Wilkerson for the Citadel. Lets be honest this will not be much of a game. It may not be a 70 point blow out but LSU wins in a sleeper.

Ben as we all know is a stud and his position does not really require reps after reps. Hick the ball and block. He knows the offense. It is the RB,WR, and QB that really needs to get their work in (Judging from that garbage we saw at VT).

I think you sit Ben and let him rest, our OL is in bad shape (With Smalling and Comeaux now gone)

I think Teaux needs much work, he needs to get his legs and confidence back. To me he looked tentative against VT. Not like he did last year. Double D looked great, but we need to teaux for this machine to run.

geaux Tigers.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

My thoughts exactly.

3. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I know

I was told by somebody on the inside that John Young would get a lot of playing time because of how the offensive line did not look good at all when he came in last week. Now does that mean Ben will not play I do not know but it would be so unlike Saban to put somebody with an injury in playing team like the Citadel.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

4. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

I will be very surprised if Wilkerson and Edwards even dress for the game. Those two guys will be huge factors this year. no need to risk it.

5. DC-Tiger

DC-Tiger Founding Member

John Young, while a senior has not played many games and he didnt look all that confident replacing an injured Wilkerson.
    Perhaps Saban should move Rob Sale to center, Reed to RG and try either Niswanger or Nate Livings in the right tackle position.

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Just how injured is Wilkerson? If minor, he should play. The center is a key element to timing & effectiveness. As the QB is. The tigers all need reps, & the first unit needs to play together. Having said that, if he needs the rest, rest him, but adjustments will be needed when he comes back. The tight end is a different story entirely. If he is hurt, let him skip this game.

7. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Sit both Wilkerson and Edwards. We need both of them for the SEC games. We play four games before Florida that are weaklings and we should win. Missing this one will not hurt, as they can get the reps and timing for the next three weeks.