Show me a hero

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 24, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I just think it's pretty messed up that the Federal Government stepped in and forced the City of Yonkers to build low income housing in middle class neighborhoods. I mean I see where this Mayor wanted to pass it because of all the fines and layoffs and services being stopped, he was trying to make the best out of a terrible situation. Here in Alexandria there are these new low income housing homes that were built in their own neighborhoods, Red I don't know if you still remember where Lincoln Road is, there are some back there and some more in Alexandria near the LSUA side of I-49 and MacArthur Dr. They are only 6 or 7 years old and they are already starting to look like shit. And I'm sure there are some good people in there who if they were moved into middle class neighborhoods they would fit in nicely and take care of their yards and their property, but it seems like the vast majority of them just don't give a fuck.

2. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Usually when people are given something for little or nothing, they don't take care of it. The evidence is everywhere. I make my kids work for spending money if there is something they want. Not enough I suppose, but better than nothing.

3. LaSalleAve

My daughter got pissed at me other day and I quote "you always make me earn everything".

My quote, "you'll thank me one day"

Tiger Exile likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why would you consider it ethical to expose your family to a criminal element and lower the value of property you have paid for?

5. LaSalleAve

Because like I said in a later post there are probably some really good people mixed in there and there are theories about how if you cram a bunch of people in one consolidated area you are basically setting them up for crime and drugs etc. I still said I wouldn't approve of it because to me the ends don't justify the means and you can't penalize hard working families who live in the neighborhoods that are going to be infiltrated.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Isn't there a law in Baton Rouge that says that not more than 3 unrelated people can live in a house in some zoned areas? I know that there was. A lawyer named Steve Myers was trying to get the law changed because he owns a number of rental properties in the Southdowns area. I don't know if he was successful..

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The public housing experiment was a complete failure. It created the ghettos and drove out middle class families. Today's "projects" are nice apartments that take section 8 funds and cause the same problems.