Shreveport area Tigers...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by marcnbc, Jan 31, 2005.

1. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

just a little FYI. Timmy B's radio show will be on from 2-5 on AM1340 beginning possibly as early as tomorrow. I know a lot of people don't care for Brando, but considering we don't have a true sports talk station...I'll take what I can get.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

A lot of people don't like Brando, but I like him. I think, especially more recently, he has had some good things to say...

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Thanks for the info.

4. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

Yeah, he irked a lot of LSU fans during Dinardo's last couple of years because he spoke the truth about the program & we didn't want to hear it(especially from an outsider). He had nothing but praise during Saban's tenure.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I've always liked Brando for a few reasons: 1) Every chance he gets he tries to promote schools or players from the state of Louisiana 2)there are only a trio of guys who host major college football scoreboard shows and he's right here in our back yard. The guests that he brings to a show is IMO worth way more than any of the negative things that are said about Brando. 3) Brando at least likes LSU and wants to see the Tigers have success. The last time we had any pro-LSU person on the radio was Missy Setters and she got run off. And as big an LSU fan base as there is in Shreveport-Bossier it's nice to have someone who isn't anti-LSU on the air.

6. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

The last time we had any pro-LSU person on the radio was Missy Setters and she got run off.She wasn't run off...her show was horrible and we basically had overkill. Beasley was on from 6-7, Fletch 7-9, Brando 9-10, Rebouche 10-11, Missy 11-12(or 12-1), then JJ & Bonzai from 5-7. The sports new of the day was regurgitated over & over. I know what you're saying, but Missy was hard to listen to.

7. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

But she was basically run-off by JJ & Ben because of all the ridicule they gave her, especially when they had the Tiger Pause segment. She got really tired of the unneccessary on-air ridicule.

8. W-S Tiger

W-S Tiger Founding Member

I think that he is also on XM radio daily.

9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Missy was a lot easier to listen to than Beasley and Scott Netherton who is probably the worst sports guy, or any radio guy for that matter, that I have ever heard. Fletch and Rebouche I like, Fletch may be a Razorback but he gives is mucho LSU news and in a positive manner, unlike the Domer twins. Glad Brando is on.

10. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I'm related to the guy and I dont like him....but I might check that out.