Shula to be new Bama Coach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, May 7, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

ESPN thinks so:

Shula

IMO, a dumb move. Nothing against Shula but this keeping it in the family crap is killin the program. Unattainable expectations, influential boosters and staff, etc. No change in site for the Tide. Don't expect any scandals but if it ain't 10 wins a yr he is a goner.

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

according to mikeshula.com he is. Here is the headline on his web site "Welcome Home Mike! The BamaNation is proud to have you back at The Capstone!." Also there is Bama stuff all over the front page. Take this for what it's worth.
    Mike Shula

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Bama is having a press conference at 4pm today, probably to announce Shula as head coach.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I hope Shula works out for them. But I keep thinking about Mike Archer. It's dangerous to entrust a team to a man with no previous head coaching experience. They could be hunting a new coach again in three years.

Of course, it is probably impossible to hire an established head coach at Bama right now so they had to do something.

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Haven't they learned their lesson about hiring "Mikes"? First Mike Dubose, then Mike Price, now Mike Shula. Don't they understand that Bama and "CM_s" don't mix?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The only coach named Mike I can think of who ever won anything is Mike Ditka who won a Superbowl with the Bears. Must have been a fluke because he sure screwed it up with the Saints. And LSU passed on Steve Spurrier to hire Mike Archer. Lets all hope your teams coach dosen't "Wanna be like Mike"