SI commercial on ESPN...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Jan 27, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Anybody get jacked when this commercial comes on, "Were here at the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans where LSU just won the National Championship, and were all going CRAZY!"

I got ESPN news in the background at work all day and I must hear it about half dozen times a day. Makes you stop what you are doing every time.

2. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Yea man. Every time I watch it and they are like LSU National Champions, it brings a smile. It's so awesome. Have you seen the queer USC commercial for SI. It starts off saying "THE WRITERS HAVE SPOKEN." It makes me throw up every time I hear it.

3. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

I've seen the LSU SI commercial over 12 times, and every time I have to watch the whole thing. I may never experience this again so Im trying to enjoy it while I can.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Tape it! :)

Guess I'll have to watch Sportscenter and see if I see it. I usually just watch my regional Fox Sports Net report (SCSR), and they don't even talk about USC anymore. They quickly moved away from USC. Hahaha. It's safe for me to go back in the water, I guess.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I see the LSU commercial all of the time, but I've never seen the USC one. Are we running more often than them?

6. tiger1192

tiger1192 Founding Member

No, i believe it is regional.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm in CO and I've seen the LSU commercial a lot more than the USC one. Now that I think about it, I think it's been weeks since I've seen the USC one. Maybe SI finally figured out which one will sell and adjusted the marketing accordingly.

:geaux:

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was in NY a couple of weeks ago and all I saw was the LSU one.

9. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I've seen both the USC and LSU ones, but the LSU one comes on MUCH more often.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It goes back to proving the idea that the media was pandering to USC merely because of the "good story." They knew all along that it wasn't really tragic that USC was left out of the Sugar Bowl.