SI: Top 10 players in the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 22, 2006.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I love it!

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

That's the problem with drawing conclusion when all you have is the picture. While it sure looks like pass interference, you can't make that determination without the bigger picture. For example.......what if the ball was tipped at the line........then it's NOT pass interference.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In the NFL, they call this tight coverage. Scouts are salivating. This guy interferes like a pro!

4. Broke

Broke Founding Member

My call would be no pass interference. For it to be PI the fingers have to be clenched. This is clearly cupped. Cupping=good coverage. No I'm not a Div I football official but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night (with a cheap hooker at that).

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Clearly the ball is heading down and away from the two players in the photo. Landry had just knocked it down and then grabbed the player to give him a friendly shove to make sure he knew who he was.

6. clair

clair Rockets

It can't be worse than the play when Webster made the INT in the endzone when he threw the receiver down on the ground lol

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It looks like "Thing" from the Addams Family.:hihi:

8. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

im not sure how landry is 6th. maybe third behind moses and willis but not sixth behind leak. i could even understand sidney rice. ridiculous to think that a possible top 5 pick isnt even top 5 in his league lol

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I've personally never seen him listed anything shorter than 6'5".

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The only area Rice didn't make it in the top five for the SEC last year was in "All Purpose Yards." AND, he didn't return a single punt or kickoff and didn't run the ball one time.

He led the SEC in receiving yards per game last year...and the closest to him averaged around 25 yards less per game. (103.9 compared to Vandy's Earl Bennett who averaged 79.6) Jackson avg. 75 for 3rd place in the SEC...

Weigh that against his 3rd spot in the SEC (total receptions) behind the two players I just mentioned.

Davis and Bowe, combined, only had 6 more catches last year than Rice and averaged less than 10 yards a game more than Rice.

Oh yeah, he deserves the accolades he's getting...especially since he put those numbers up as a freshman.