SI: Top 10 players in the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 22, 2006.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Based on what? (if you will please, leave personal feelings aside)

2. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

It's obviously a biased opinion. I find arguments based on statistics unconvincing. I'd pull out total yards, you'd counter with YPC and we'd go round and round on an LSU board about backs within our state borders.

I like Irons and Lester and Smith and Tate, you like Darby and Upchurch and Johns and the kid that ran all over the 1st string D in the first scrimmage.

I'll never convince you, so I'll just make broad statements with no backup. You have a ton of stats and such to prove your point. I have tried to not engage in these types of debates. Some people enjoy them. I don't.

Your site is great for ths type of stuff and that is one reason I don't visit there much. Not that it isn't a good site, it just doesn't fit my tastes.

I hope Darby rushes for 2,500 yards this year and makes a brazillion dollars in the NFL. And I hope Bama loses every game.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You want an unbiased opinion? I would take Irons over Darby. It's not always about who has more yards in a given season, because each player is playing behind two totally different O-lines. From watching the two play, Irons just seem to have better vison and athleticism. He reminds me a lot of Caddy.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That is a fair response, TM. Personally, I don't have a problem looking around the SEC (or NCAA) and seeing players, in this case RB's, that I like to watch. Heck, the ONLY reason I watch the NFL is to see a particular player...lost the team loyalty thing a long time ago.

Last year as an example...I thought the most exciting back in the SEC was McFadden...I had the most fun watching Rice at the WR position...I liked watching Green returning punts as much as I did Prothro.

About the only thing I could say about the West with a great deal of certainty is Henig (MSU QB) would have a hard time making the 3rd string at the other SECW schools...

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

All I know is that while the rest of the country, except for a few schools, are looking forward to there QB's only, I love competing in the SEC-W where we'll be watching with huge anticipation not only the starters but many of the back ups. What a group.

6. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

I am always biased for Auburn players and against Alabama players. I don't try to hide it.

Do I think Alabama has some good players? Yes. Do I think that they are better at some positions than Auburn? Maybe, but I'll never admit it.

I agree with what you said about all those guys you mentioned, they are studs.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Here's a wild stat for ya...out of the 6 teams in the West, 4 of the starting QB's hail from the state of Alabama...not to mention White from WVU.

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

That is wild.... how come Bama got the worst one?:confused:

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

:yelwink2: Remember you wrote this...

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Remember, if I'm wrong, I was drunk.