Sick of PAC10 and AP

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Dec 28, 2004.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

:po: I cant stand it anymore!! USC plays no one except CAL and gets to the NC.
    The only ranked team they beat was CAL, who barely beat a sorry UCLA team. The same UCLA team who lost to WY in their little bowl game. When UCLA played CAL the scum calling the game kept explaining how UCLA was such a good team and that this was a quality win for CAL.

Cal looses to USC and moves up several spots in AP poll, LSU beats pretty solid O.S. team in the first game of the season while everyone else in the country are playing chumps, and we move down several spots in same poll.

Auburn has toughest schedule(9), highest margin of victory in quality wins(21), and beat more top ranked teams (4, five if you count Tenn twice) and doesnt get to face the second best team in the country. USC, out of the 3 top ranked teams, has the worst strength of schedule(31), the lowest number of ranked teams beat(2), and the smallest margin of victory(7). They are playing the second best team in country.

We move down after a hard fought win, Cal moves up after a loss. Doesnt make sense. Every scum bag news writer was screaming over Cal not going to the Rose Bowl, when everyone not high on crack knows that TX would mop the floor with their butts.

I could go on forever, if anyone else would like to chirp in feel free.

By the way that not so good team that we beat at the begining of the season is beating that quality win team that USC had late in the year.

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

only about a month late on your gripe... just let it geaux, live and let live... sh t happens.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I've been holding it in

4. BB

BB Founding Member

I agree with you, but they did in fact play Virginia Tech who won the ACC and are playing in a BCS bowl - that counts as a quality win in my book. Not to take away from what you are saying, but they deserve credit for beating a Virginia Tech team that proved to be a good team...

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I have edited my post. They are still highly over rated.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

They are certainly overrated, but it's hard to argue that they are not in the Top 3.

OU will whip that a$$ and SC will be rolled over by the strength and speed of the Sooners. This way, they can't claim a damn thing and they will be the losers - if we left them on the outside again they would win another split title...

If you change the system to benefit one program, they are destined to be overrated and overhyped. That being said, SC is one damn good football team - they're just not as good as some would have us believe.

Rest assured that America has been put on notice - the SEC is the best conference in America once again and it will be even better in 2005.

Oklahomo - 34
    SoCal - 17

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I totally agree with you point of view and I hate it that USC has a cake walk to the NC game, but you mentioned they only played one good team in Cal then say we started out the season playing a solid OSU team. Well, USC played that same OSU team. Just pointing out that you used OSU to boost our schedule yet didn't mention them when naming USC's tough games.

I still agree with you though. USC will get theirs handed to them by the boys from OU.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

This just proves my point. When we beat them in overtime everyone said we were overrated. We dropped in the polls as many as four spots. Remember now this was our first game. USC was 25 seconds from going to overtime with them themselves, and there wasnt a single person talking about dropping USC from #1 even though this was a conference game for them, late in the season, with the NC on the line.