Sick of Randall bashing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

You Randall bashers are probably the same guys who wanted to cut Rohan Davey after his sophomore year. Yes, you guys had old Ro wearing the “dumb QB” tag. We all saw how that turned out. I seem to remember #12 at the end of 2002 playing well enough to win the SEC west. Which he would have done had the defense not blown it. And I remember reading plenty of posts early in ’02 saying that Mauck was hopeless, will never be a good enough passer to win in this league… yada, yada, yada.

I’m not saying that Randall won’t come in and stink it up. I’m not saying that he will even win the job. But jesus, if you are real tiger fans (meaning, you remember before the year 2003) you’d know that writing a guy off before spring practice even starts, like you know anything about what is going on within the team, just makes you look like an idiot.

Even if Randall gets beat out, never plays another down, transfers, whatever. Until then the guy is wearing purple & gold and has LSU written on his hat and I’m rooting for him. And this guy’s a BR native, recruited by hardly anyone, picked up by Saban in sheer desperation, he’s fought the odds to even make it to where he is, he was thrown in the SEC fire with little prep as a sophomore. Ole Marcus did alright and he just might have a lot of tiger football know-it-alls suddenly not looking so smart.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Excellent post

3. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

I totally agree with you Geaux Randall

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree also, to not even want him to compete for the psition is a total shame. Marcus has been a true Tiger and the things said about him get me sick. That's all i ask, just give him a chance and don't say things like we'll waste a season if he is the QB, etc. Deep down I believe every Tiger fan is hoping that Flynn or Russell, Especially JR, lives up to his hype, which would mean that he is going to be one of the greatest QB's in LSU history, but don't treat Marcus like a redheaded step-child.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

ths GOOD POST is for you fightintiger!!!

:)

6. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

Hey FT, how old are you? I checked Stagg's and your profile and don't see a birthday on either one. Just wondering how you know you have been bleeding purple and gold longer than him.

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

As of this moment, I can't think of a single player (including Marcus Randall) on the team that tries to suck when he puts on an LSU uniform. We can all "cuss and discuss" who should play etc. However, valid criticisms of players at times can cross the line into being more of a personal attack. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't express his or her opinion in whatever manner they see fit. However, IMHO (and thats all that it is), it isn't cool to denigrate an LSU player who puts his heart into trying to win games so that we can all feel good about ourselves ... but thats just my opion. And to further CYA, I'm not accusing anyone of doing it !

8. TigerStagg

Originally posted by Lost Tiger fan
    Hate to sound like an OPINIONATED PIECE OF SHIT,BUT; I have sat back and listened to this Pro/Con Randall CRAP long enough!!! STOP KIDDING YOURSELF!!! He is not NCAA Div.1 Top25 Material!!! He IS a GREAT QB!! Not for LSU......PERIOD!! HOPE!! DREAM!! WISH!! NO!! It will NOT happen with him. Anyone who has any hope for next season PRAYS that they have the BALLS to bring on the Freshman. We will accept them!! NO MATTER THE SEASON'S OUTCOME(It won't be bad,trust Me) Saban knows our fans WILL NOT TOLERATE AN ENTIRE SEASON OF RANDALL DEBAUCHERY!!! You know it too!! AVOID THE FRUSTRATION NOW!! ADMIT IT!

No one here has bashed Randall? hmmm

I think you missed the point FightinTiger. I wasn’t talking about people expressing the opinion that Randall won’t be a winner. I’m talking about the ridiculous declarative “Randall will NEVER this and Randall will NEVER that” statements that people spew out around here. That’s not an opinion, that’s uninformed idiotic propaganda spread by some who DOES NOT KNOW. You don’t know. I don’t know. So when you pretend like you know, you look stupid and you degrade a kid who doesn’t deserve it.

If you always said “Randall is a great Tiger” and so on, then I’m not even addressing you. So why take it so personally? The fact that you take it so personally tells me that b/c you already have made your prediction that Randall will suck, you hope like hell that he does.

And I can have my opinion about who are “real fans” and not, can’t I. I think a real fan doesn’t come out and talk uninformed smack so he can say later “Hah, I said it back in February, Randall sucks!”

You know if Randall is great, the same guy will say “Hah, I said it back in February, Randall is great!”

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You need to read a lot of threads and you will see he has ben bashed every which way, the post that say they don't think he will be good or that JR or MF will probably beat him out and others to that effect are fine. It's the ones that question his heart, character, etc. that are pitiful. And there are several of them.

10. TigerStagg

See the example a few posts above

I believe some guy said Randall’s “debauchery.” What!?!

So now he’s a godless pervert too besides being a horrible QB.

OK, so I’m sure that this guy just doesn’t have a command of the English language but he did post it.