Sick of Randall bashing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Feb 24, 2004.

1. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

Mauck also threw the ball less than a lot of quarterbacks also how good was his decision making against Florida?

2. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

I said QUOTE: “Like any of you have ever seen Russell or Flynn throw a pass or know how good Randall is on 2/24/04.”

I think that effectively nullifies your opinion and makes it the uneducated guess that it is. How can one give a valid opinion on the subject given the above facts? They can’t. It’s an impossibility.

That is all I’m trying to say.

And you said QUOTE: “Get over it, there are thousands of LSU fans, we aren't all gonna like every player that puts on the purple and gold. It would be nice if that were the case, but it's not gonna happen.”

I’m sorry. I assumed that was Randall you were talking about. He was the topic of conversation right.

I hope Randall plays well in the spring. I hope all the QB’s play well. Forgive me if I don’t decide before spring practice, the spring game, and fall practice that Randall can’t play. Luckily St. Nick will be the one making that decision, not any of us.

This is turning into a semantic argument of replies to out of context quotes. I got stirred up by an extremely negative post about Randall that was off-base and ignorant and I’m calling that idiot out. That’s what this is about.

Go ahead and give your holy opinions about players that you have never seen. I’m just reminding everyone that they don’t mean jack.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Freshman

Is there any chance Robert Lane can transfer to LSU?

4. TigerStagg

i think if he had the balls, he'd be here already

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

With all the in-fighting going on in this thread, kind of feels like the autigers.com board.
    A look at this past season should make you realize more than ever that DEFENSE wins championships. Ole Miss, UGA, and OU got a taste of what it feels like to go against the #1 DEFENSE in the land. Without an exceptional D, we lose all 3 of those games.
    With the offensive weapons this team will have, whoever emerges as the starter at QB will be fine.
    I'll support whoever is back there, unless they became the SOLE purpose we drop one of those 1st 3 SEC games. Like MR did at AU in 02. Dont want to hear how he was thrown to the dogs and all that, we know the scenario. Whoever is starting QB hopefully has the confidence to not get rattled with 90K plus in the stands on the road.

6. TigerStagg

Mauck was pretty damn rattled at VT in his first road start. I remember well, I was getting dogged by VT fans for 3 hours in the hot sun. Mauck came around didn't he. All I'm saying is that Randall CAN do the same thing. Saying that he definately CANNOT is nothing but conjecture.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I would'nt say that he can't either. I'm just saying I hope whoever it is, he and the team have confidence in his ability to play well in a hostile environment and when you have a defense like we had this year, they can get you through some QB mistakes as long as they are not drastic.

8. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Ahhhh.....Let me put myself in any LSU sporting event....OK I am there....OK.....Lets see....It is a close game...a key player makes a few mistakes....We are still winning, and many other things have gone wrong, but that main player, the one everyone has their eyes on has made another mistake....probably wasn't even his fault....I say to myself, 'dont worry, everyone will support him - he will pull through and redeem himself'....but wait....whats that I hear over there?....yep, you guessed it.

All of my fellow tiger fans will not support Randall. If he throws one interception they will bash him, they will boo him and they will embarress him on the field until he leaves so the freshman come in and do the same thing. My fellow tiger fans think they should either be: a) head coach b)offensive coordinator c) Defensive Coordinator d) Quarterback.

(I dont feel this way about everybody all the time, obviously, but you all know at some time at some LSU athletic event you have heard people booing our own players after they make a mistake.....how humiliating this must be) I just don't want Randall to be put in this position to lead his team, and then after his first big mistake, to be humiliated by angry fans who think they know everything, and who want the freshman star to come in.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, booing your own players happens everywhere but that doesn't make it right. I can understand booing professional athletes but even they get tight (affects their performance negatively) so you have to realize that your actions aren't helping your team.

Like you said, if Randall wins the starting job the fans will be ready to boo him the first mistake he makes and that's not right. If there was no stud FR behind him, maybe it would take more than one mistake.

There were quite a few Tiger fans questioning Mauck's ability all the way through the Ole Miss game this year so that should tell you something about "certain" fans.

10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

ummm...LSU didnt win with him 2 years ago. of the 7 games he played...LSU won 3 of them. his wins were against South Carolina, Ole Miss, and a miracle win against Kentucky. not exactly a "whos who" of football powers.

if winning 3 out of 7 was considered "winning" then Dinardo would still be our coach.