Sick of Randall bashing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

So he did win. I didn't say he won them all. The KY miracle win wasn't his fault. The defense played like dog crap that day. The AR loss definately wasn't his fault. He played a great game.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

IDEA: Let Nick Saban make the decision - He seems to know what he's doing and we pay him pretty well. His decision will get my support 120%.

3. just4LSU1

just4LSU1 Freshman

I agree with you BB, Saban will make the right choice. Actually I think Russell would do the best at the QB position. But NO ONE knows yet so I can't say anything. I'm really looking forward to seeing Russell play in the Spring game. GEAUX TIGERS!

4. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Don't right off flynn- he may just suprise the hell out of everybody.

5. just4LSU1

just4LSU1 Freshman

You are right corndog. He knows the playbook in 15 different languages!!! They say Russell has the better ball and Flynn has the brains. It is going to be a close race this offseason.

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

ha, so you consider winning 42% as "winning". dude, you shouldnt have said that. that made your entire argument look like crap. everything you have typed is now down the drain because of that statement. if winning 42% is winning...then yes....i guess Marcus Randal is a badass after all.

so by your logic...the bengals, the clippers, and the cubs are some of the winningest teams in history.

so, youre telling me that if Randal would have won just 1 game...then that would have been "winning" too??

generally "winning" means to atleast be over .500...for Randal to have done that...he would have had to win 4 out of those 7 games. ...but if you ask me "winning" is doing more than just over .500

ok, yes, the defense played terrible against UK, but dont start saying that Randal played a great game that day. Randal played terrible that day. his yards were inflated by the miracle pass and by i believe a short shovel pass that Henderson took the distance. other than that...he was throwing knuckle balls and LSU was going 3 and out (which seems to be a charectoristic of Randal's leadership)

he played terrible against USC in the first half, but did pretty good in the second half.

ole miss....he didnt play very good that night either, but...it was good enough for LSU to win.

Ark was his best game. he didnt make any mistakes and the team wasnt going 3 and out like usual. he played a solid, but not great game that day.

make all the excuses you want, but the FACT of the matter is....that LSU only won 3 games while Randal was playing (out of 7).

when Randal was in the game....the offense was constantly going 3 and out. Randal's game was so bad that it was even causing the defense to struggle. the defense was always in bad positions because of poor offensive movement (no offensive movement)....and even when the defense got the ball....the offense couldnt do anything with it.

7. TigerStagg

First of all dude, my argument was never that Randall has ever showed he is a great quarterback, dude dude dude. My argument dude was that the guy is capable of improvement because he has improved immensely since that horrible stretch in ‘02. Since when does a guy’s SOPHOMORE year make his career. Dude?

My argument is that people coming on here saying “Randall will never…” don’t know what they are talking about because we haven’t seen him in a competitive situation since the end of the cotton bowl. Everyone points to the LA Tech game saying he played for a half and didn’t score. He did go 7 for 10 albeit in a very conservative gameplan. You can’t say he was bad. Sure he may not turn out to be the best QB on this team and he may be no better than he was in ’02. It is much more likely that he has improved. The people who talk $hit about him might end up being right, but it’s a wild guess.

And to come on here making declarative statements like you have some inside knowledge about where his game stands today or how the freshman are better is BS. Reading dandy don and talking to the bartender at the Chimes doesn’t make you an authority on what our QB’s will look like in April 04 or September 04. Does anyone know? NO. Not even Saban or Jimbo.

And it doesn’t matter to me who plays as long as he’s the best we got. My only allegiance to Randall is that he is one of our QB’s and I’m gonna speak up for him when rash fans talk about him in ridiculous negative hyperbole.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

hey Stagg great post! I'm sick of it too. One thing though I've found out and it is kind of disheartning, you can't stop people from voicing their ( un-informed ) opinions EVEN if it makes them look like total idiots because they "don't know" just like you said.

I work with some folks that will give you an "uninformed" opinion in a heartbeat. They look like total idiots, but they will stand up and acost you if you say they have no right to make such an ill-informed opinion. America ain't what it used to be, integrety means zilch, it's who you can slander and who you can make look worse than you, pass the buck bullshit now.

Man do YOURSELF a favor and do what I do. Laugh at the idiots who get on here and predict something they can't possibly know, like you said at "best" their opinion of Randall is just a guess. Just like JM and EF. Folks are going to give their take on stuff on a forum simply because they can.

It kind of gets back to basic integrity. the question is Do you have a right to give an un informed opinion? YES. is it right to do so? Probably not. Does it make you look more credible to give an informed opinion? It does in the business world. It takes some maturity to do this and some people never get there.

There have been alot of posts about basketball I have read, but I seldom give an opinion on it because I know "jack shit" about it. That's called good old fashioned "keep your mouth shut if you don't know". Does every body do this? Not hardly.

Want to see some REALLY STUPID stuff? Go over to the free speech forum, man that is a riot. I personally have never met any of these folks face to face. I would probably guffaw right out loud at them and not even realize I was insultive, I mean it's just hard not to laugh in the face of total idiots who "tout" their opinion that is firmly anchored in quick sand? AND the funny part is they can't see it. BUT they can sure crow about their right to make the stupid remarks. hey look at it this way, let them post, they will just look all the more stupid when it doesn't happen.

I just hope the best QB is in the game and I have confidence that Saban will do just that. Who is he? hell I haven't a clue, I'm not in there watching practices every day to be able to make an intellegient decision so I'm not gonna bash anybody because I'd rather not look like a total bafoon later.

I bet even if I was watching I wouldnt be as qualified as the coaching staff is to make such a decision. I might be able to give an opionion intellegently though.

So what does this mean? simply that ANY opinion based thread about who the QB "should" be in anyone's opinion is conjecture and not based on any sort of coaching ability. Now in "their" minds they are surely over qualified to pick the starter, Now that is funny LSU pays Saban millions to make decisions like this and we have "free" experts right here amongst us.

AND yeah they do have a right to look stupid. I'll help them fight for that right becuase if nothing else it's funny as hell and it's the America way, free speech and all.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

10. TigerStagg

OK that’s a little funny. But I’ll reserve judgment on the retard thing until all the facts are in. Just like the qb battle.