Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not going to play golf with you serious golfers but I would love to watch the game with y'all if I get a chance to drop over. I wouldn't want to drive back after many drinks. What are the chances of getting a last minute hotel room? I wouldn't care if it was the Ritz Carlton or a Motel 6 if all I do is sleep until I'm sober.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Drop them off at grannies, that is what they are for. Tell your wife this is serious stuff, can't miss it. If taint shows up you will never forgive yourself for not being there

Come and have a good time. If nothing else someone will have a hotel with either a couch or an extra bed or a floor

Bengal B likes this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You shouldn't have a problem getting a room. And serious golfers? C'mon! I've never played with any of these guys, but I'm not getting the impression there are any low handicaps in the group. It's my home course, and I'll feel great if I break 90. Bring your sticks and get in the game.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I may have to work during the day that day. It would depend on whether I got everything I'm supposed to done by Friday. I'm semi retired but I supplement my income by delivering the bananas and stuff that you see in baskets at convenience stores. There is no way to tell in advance what my schedule will be. Sometimes I get pushed back by the weather or unavailability of product. For instance this week I have very little to do today and tomorrow but will have a lot to do Thursday and Friday and possibly Saturday.

5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

So Patterson, or MC has the best options for hotels?

6. mctiger

MC has a Hampton, Clarion (formerly a Holiday Inn, nice facility), Holiday Inn Express, LaQuinta, Red Roof, Best Western and Comfort. There's a Sleep Inn in Berwick, which is a little closer. Patterson has the Plantation Inn, even closer, but its a pretty poor place; in fact, I'm not even sure they're open. Lost part of their roof to a tornado a few months ago and still not repaired. Forget I mentioned them.

7. KyleK

I see there is an RV park right next door to the golf course. How is it? I may just bring my camper and stay in it.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And that is how tomfoolery is started

9. KyleK

Yeah, I thought about that. Probably shouldn't have mentioned it. You bastards will tear up my camper and get me kicked out of the park.

GiantDuckFan and shane0911 like this.
  10. mctiger

There's really nothing there. just a big open area with the necessary hookups, but no amenities of any kind.

KyleK likes this.