Signing day

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Well, Moore ends up at Auburn. So we missed there. Young stuck with it at Bama, great get for them. Pickering (sorry was tired last night and wrote Pickens who is a stud WR and ditched Auburn for UGA last second surprise) signed on with State.

So Meatball who was hired to be our premiere DL recruiter while O coaches the actual DL mostly whiffed on all 3 MS DL.. his home state. Ouch.

Terrible finish there.

LSU actually went ahead and took Ray Parker who is willing to play OT not just TE and I think that's where his future is. Bright future at a huge need spot for LSU, but grades were a massive concern. With the losses on the MS linemen and Christian Williams indeed going for Miami LSU seemed willing to take the risk of losing a scholarship on Parker and trying to get him qualified. Big dividends if it works out.

Now for the expect bad news.. Rodney is no longer announcing today. Nothing official but that should seal Ishmael to Bama.

Ward may well end up in this class. Do we find another DL considering we went 0 for 4?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I thought he was moved to a next year type thing anyway?

didit and Brian like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

IMG_20190206_111157.jpg

Show your face, pilgrim.

lsu-i-like, kcal and LSUTiga like this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

We already have 3 DL on board, and Sopsher hasn’t officially announced so its more like 3-6 right now. The success or failure depends on whether we get him or not.

Brian likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

shane, he has been reclassified to 2020 already so he would not have been able to sign anywhere today, but Rodney had announced his intent to announce his future commitment today along with Ishmael. So either way he wouldn't be signing today, but he was set to verbalize his decision where to sign next December. He's since decided not to do so. It was hard for me to imagine Ishmael announcing Bama and Rodney announcing either LSU or Oregon (his only 2 offers for scholarships). The thought was I guess if Ish announced Bama Rodney could say he was committing to Bama as a walk-on, but that would have been so mock-worthy I didn't see that happening so Rodney announcing made me think that was a huge benefit to LSU. Him deciding not to announce only hurts LSU's chances.

Ishmael and Devonta Lee announce live on ESPN2 at 12:45pm so about fifteen minutes away and no one neither LSU nor Bama insiders have announced Ishmael either way. It's been that close a recruitment. Bama has led for over a year or so now, but O really closed the gap tightly recently. Just don't think it is enough. Check out Bama's DL haul, though, they have what 7 or 8 guys, Terry? Crazy how Saban is able to convince kids regardless of quantity to come.

Terrible day if we don't get 1 of the 4 and it certainly appears we will not.

Our DB haul and finish was awful last year and we rebounded superbly this year. Gotta hope O does the same in 2020, yeah?

Jay Ward just committed to LSU.. less versatile than Christian Williams who could also play safety, but a much better pure corner prospect.

kcal, didit and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

Lets see what happens. All we can do right?

Brian likes this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The Sopsher kid epitomizes why LSU will never beat Alabama due to the huge disparity in the trenches between the two teams.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  8. shane0911

Well, fuck him

leroy7500 and tzanghi like this.
  9. shane0911

He doesn't seem too smart

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Kid is a shit bag