Signing day

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Feb 4, 2019.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I woudl tell my sons "you want to go play for the gumps go ahead"...dont play this stupid shit and expect people to be nice to you

2. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Personally, I don't think it's OK to say that about kids....adults, sure fire away, but it's a kid and its a personal decision that has nothing to do with you....OK. I've said my piece. I'll leave you two to fire away....

uscvball and TerryP like this.
  3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

44-16, my friend. 44-16.

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

His dad went to high school with Petito from Bama.. they are buddies. If you watched the announcement Ishmael's mother and his brother Rodney both seemed very somber and lifeless until the smile as he mentioned Bama. His dad was excited and pumped up patting him on the back the whole time. Parents have influence. I'm curious if Saban offered anything to Rodney Jr. in terms of a verbal guarantee or what not of a scholarship or grayshirt or preferred walk-on, etc.. and if he did if it ever comes to fruition.

Not a fan on dissing a kid because of his choice of a college. Geography shouldn't dictate one's life pursuits. Cheer against him I certainly will on Saturdays we play them, but otherwise I hope all these kids make the choices best for them. Whether this was or not and what influenced it ultimately only time will tell.

kcal, didit and Winston1 like this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The point is the only time I've seen the sites ranked against each other were under those criteria--5 star to 1st rounder. Still, in the end, there's very little difference between all three. We'll find one off the chart compared to the other two on several occasions each season/class.

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

We end up with 24 signees. Do we sit on the last one or keep looking?

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I understand the point. I’m saying the evidence is poor at best and does not reliably demonstrate that the three authorities are equal. So I stand by my assessment.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Why did you tag me in the first post? Ass? Sure, I'll accept that. Gloating? No.

As soon as I got the email notification I'd been tagged I guessed it was you, and it was about Sopsher.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If they are equal, how do you put one over the other?

I've got my issues with Lugenbill. One, he often lets his personal feelings find their way into his work. And two, he's been wrong so often about basic elements of the game itself he's discredited a lot of what he's going to say before it crosses his mind.

The same goes with Farrell. Far, far too personal in his evaluations and opinions. I say this, and that about Lugenbill, from first hand experience.

Look. I see no difference between a #1 ranked class and a #3 ranked class. They are both outstanding. I see little difference in the services (most of the time.)

I do tend to give more credibility to the Composite on 247 because it's an average of the three.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The question with Rodney is whether or not he'll have qualified for SEC play by the time 2020 rolls around. it's in the SEC by-laws they'll have to have two years of eligibility left along with graduating JUCO. He may never seen action in the conference.

Brian likes this.