Signs That The Apocalypse is Near

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This guy in a bar had 2 guys and 2 women backed against the wall threatening them with a broken beer bottle. I sucker punched him. They didn't throw me out. They gave me free drinks for the rest of the night.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

My niece goes to school there and so did my nephew. This was an unusual violent incident on that campus and of course, made worse by the nitwit who put it on youtube He didn't actually get suspended and there is now an online petition with over 50k signatures asking that he not be. I fully suspect that the family of the bully will sue the other kid and his family. I wouldn't be surprised if they sued the blind kid for being blind and causing it all in the first place.

Why I want to leave though......it is rare to find a man here, much less a teen, willing to step in and physically stop a bully. Cajunlost probably would but he wants out of here too.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This reminds me a story from a great book I have read several times call "Death in the Long Grass" this guy was a safari guide in Africa and went to take a dump in the grass hootch outhouse one night. He lit up a cigarette or something and found himself face to face with a mamba. He ran screaming from the shitter, got his shotgun and blasted away to include down the hole. He then lit the shit house on fire, then couldn't sleep so he burnt his tent to the ground as well.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Keurig has releaased a device called Korn that works similar to their instant coffee maker. Korn lets users make an instant cold glass of Coke, Sprite or Dr Pepper. The device costs $300. Oh, yeah, it will still cost you about a buck to make a drink.

6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Barnum was and still is correct...fool and his money are soon parted.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And my boss has one of these in his home

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ask him for a raise

el005639 likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute. I think Ben Franklin said a fool and his money are soon parted. They were both right.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Beatles sang Will You Walk Away From a Fool and His Money?

I can see buying a Kuerig coffeemaker. Not for me but for somebody who considers their time so important that they are willing to shell out $$ to save the few seconds it takes to put a filter in a coffeemaker, add coffee and water and push a button and are willing to drink bland coffee. But for the Kold where is any advantage at all?
    I buy canned cokes at the supermaket. The cost about 50 cents per coke. When I want a coke I get one out of the refrigeration and drink it. The cold uses pods of Coke extract and mixes it with carbonated water which you also have to buy. I have never tasted a Kold Coca Cola but it can't be as good as The Real Thing. Coke ain't broke. Don't try to fix it.