Signs That The Apocalypse is Near

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 4, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ahh now I see

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Ok so in summary, it is on a BEATLES anthology CD, but it is not a Beatles song. Starting to agree with Shane... ;)

shane0911 likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, then you should reconsider, amigo. The Beatles Anthology is not a Greatest Hits collection. It's essentially a licensed bootleg that made the Beatles $75 million apiece in their 60's. It is filled with alternate takes, scratchy old homemade 45's, songs they never finished, songs they never used, solo pieces, and junk of all sorts. Mostly of no interest to anybody but hardcore Beatles fans and there are a hell of a lot of them.

This is my favorite. It's a remix of the first take of "Yes it Is" where Lennon didn't even remember his own lyrics and was just demoing the tune to the other Beatles. About halfway through they transition to the Take 18 with all of the harmonies and instruments laid down. It's not a proper record at all, just a remix something they did for the Anthology to show how a tune changed from the first time they played it to the final recording.

4. tigermark

So in other words, it is a Beatles album with Beatles songs on it.

I'm not your amigo, friend.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Can NEVER get enough of that, especially if it is at odds with that dude, he thinks he knows EVERYTHING!!!

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The fact that he can turn one word in an insignificant response to another post into an extended argument over a very minor point is our next Sign that the Apocalypse is Near.

I knew that Badfinger had covered the song and I knew that Paul McCartney had written the words. Thinking back I might have thought he recorded it with Wings.

But what the fuck difference does it make witin the very minor subtext of the discussion about a frivolous overpriced toy that makes Cokes more expensive and probably not as good as the real ones.

So @red55 you are this week's Real Man of Genius for your ability to turn the tiniest molehill into Mt. Everest.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    Winston1 likes this.
  7. tigermark

I usually resist the urge to troll, but this was more than I could resist. I honestly know squat about the Beatles. I doubt he gets my Canadian South Park reference, pal.

8. red55

I'll remember that.

9. red55

You are learning, dude. Aren't you tired of knowing NOTHING!!!

10. red55

It makes no difference at all, I just like kicking your silly shit around.