silly, silly cajuns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Mar 28, 2006.

1. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

They speak as if they were getting a lot of top in-state recruits to begin with....or any top recruits period.....and now big bad LSU is gonna steal all their hot prospects if we win a NC. Whatever...

It is starting to get annoying that when someone needs a reason to not like LSU they always go back to the indecency of us (the fans)....or for our out-of-state haters, the whole inbreeding thing. If UL fans wanna bash our fans and such tell them to get in line....and while they are standing in line they can think of some original material. Oh, we smell like corndogs too, btw.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I live in Lafayette. Trust me there are "way" more LSU fans than USL fans here. There is a vocal minority of USL fans who obsess over LSU and wish failure upon us at every turn. You wouldn't even believe some of the things that come out of their mouths. There simply is no logic to their "position" other than pure jealousy. They will always be on the outside lookig in. The whole name change was supposed to do wonders for them. Has it ? NOT. I grew up in a house divided, my dad is an LSU alum and my mom, USL (but she worked her tail off to help put four boys through LSU !). I moved back home and it became very apparent that I could not pull for both schools and live here. USL doesn't see a penny of my money. Lets not waste anymore valuable time and effort on this thread, ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT !!!!

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

dont forget hatcher, its ULL now, at least for this week

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Funny you should say that.. they are having SGA elections today, and also voting on a student poll asking whether the students think the administration should begin pursuing the name change again... i'm sure it passed..

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Beleive it or not, even some Nicholls St. fans have the gall to complain about LSU. They are the minority, but they HATE LSU because every makes the 2 hr drive to BR every Saturday instead of the 2 minute drive to Nicholls.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

My girlfriend is attending Nicholls St. currently and people complain to her all the time about her "wearing LSU stuff on their campus". :dis:

7. HatcherTiger

It will always be USL in my book !

8. HatcherTiger

They have their frickin' name change and you know what it amounted to ? "Didly squat" thats what ! Do you hear Southern Miss complaining ? You have to live here to understand it . I promise you there are ten times the LSU bumper stickers in this area than U La La. Yep, the USL Bulldogs and their small band of supporters are very envious of LSU. Go Tigers !

9. Turbine

Turbine Freshman

It wasn't a vote, though I can see how one could find a way to keep score.

Even though it started with "the sky is falling" type of first post, it was more of a how do you think LSU's success in basketball will affect recruiting at UL?

Personally, I think it can't hurt and might help. Now go beat UCLA so we can find out.

ps I'm a big fan of UL and the Ragin' Cajuns.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Turbine is the biggest fan over at raginpagin.. heh

I think LSU's success will help UL's recruiting in basketball. LSU has not been getting the top recruits in Louisiana every year. They have been getting most of the ones that are a step down (still very good). When LSU starts loading up with only the top guys and some from others states, some of the people who want to stay home might just pick UL.