silly, silly cajuns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Mar 28, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I prefer us to continue getting the diamonds in the rough. I don't want the Chris Duhons and the Brandon Moutons. What have they accomplished in their collegiate careers? All Duhon wanted was some money and a job for his mom. He sure as hell got that.

We may have a chance to win A NC with guys like Glen Davis, Tasmin Mitchell, and Tyrus Thomas. All hungry players.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

How is Stevie P. ?

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

something i wonder... UL plays teams all over the country.. at home and abroad they are announced as "louisiana's ragin cajuns"... should their name change some how make it through, how will they be announced at LSU... I'm sure it would just annoy LSU fans to no end to hear "the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns" or some variant over the P.A.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I would announce them as Lafayette's Ragin Cajuns. :rofl:

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I kinda understand their thread when it concerns basketball. For a while there, they were the ones with the team getting to the tourney. I remember in the late nineties seeing USL win a first round game in the tournament of something. I just recall being at a client's office, supposed to be working, yet watching tthe tourney on a little tv with one of the workers there.

Well, back on topic. Now LSU is getting its program back into respectable shape. So the little run of success could be over for USL. I like seeing colleges around the state have success. For instance, how great was it to see Northwestern State beat Iowa?

For whatever reasons though, USL's basketball program is declining badly as of late. Oh well, so much for having that one extra La. team in the tourney each year. If anything, they should be worried about Northwestern Atate recruitingm against them....

Oh and the football recruiting stuff there just cracked me up to no end!

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I do pull for USL and I would like to support its athletics. However, the hard core "USL fans" here in Lafayette define a "USL fan" as someone who has to also hate LSU. Cest la vie !

7. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Whatever side you take on the ULL-UL name issue, it isn't going to change the reality for them on the athletic side. They will not come close to reach the SEC and LSU's status in most sports. The ULL fans I know seem to think the name change is the first step to being big time in athletics. The reality is they are in the SBC. They would kill to be in the CUSA eventhough they would probably be third or fourth on their list should the supposed Big-East breakup occur.
    And the reality of CUSA is that in football and basketball, there really only are 1 or 2 schools a year who are perceived as good. The rest of that conference is on the SBC level to me anyway.

8. Photoguy77

Photoguy77 Freshman

You've GOT TO BE JOKING! Lafayette is the heart of "Cajun Country". If you honestly believe that Baton Rouge can outdo Lafayette in cooking, then your insane...for lack of a better term.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I prefer us getting HS all-americans like Stomile Swift, Brandon Bass, Glen Davis and Tasmin Mitchell. They could have gone to school almost anywhere in the country ... not exactly diamonds in the rough.

Then supplement all that talent with solid role players like Temple, and find that diamond in the rough like Thomas.

10. Photoguy77

Photoguy77 Freshman

As an EQUAL supporter of both Universities..... the reason for there ebing more LSU fans in Lafayette than UL is because the masses tend to lean towards "the winners". Its the bandwagon effect. Simple as that.