silly, silly cajuns

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Mar 28, 2006.

1. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

It seems to me that this might be a Lafayette Vs. Baton Rouge thing. I mean no offense to those on this forum from Lafayette, but I have to say the majority of people from this city that I have met (let me stress this because I am not trying to insult Lafayette, just trying to make a point) seem to have a complex not so much with LSU but Baton Rouge a whole. A bit of an inferiority complex it seems.

Photoguy's comments help to support my arguement. I am a cook and every single cook from Lafayette (I really do mean all of them) that I have met dog Baton Rouge like its a backwoods s**thole and talk up Lafayette as a culinary epicenter of fine dining. Once again, Im not trying to dog Lafayette or even ULL because personally, I would like to see every Louisiana team do well, but Im finding it harder and harder to pull for these other universities when all they want to do is dog not only my team, but my town as well. If it brings attention to LSU then it brings attention to Louisiana. And if the attention is something positive like a NC or two, then how could that hurt our already hurting state?

2. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

w0rd....couldn't have said it better myself

3. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

ULL has sports programs? Wow, guess I didn't notice.:wink: :geauxtige

4. Photoguy77

Photoguy77 Freshman

LOL..... yeah, it sometimes IS hard to notice, trust me.

5. shaqazoolu

I have a lot of friends that go to UL and most of them really don't care. I do hear a lot about how much hate for LSU there is through them though. I think it is kinda silly honestly. Why wouldn't you want any school in Louisiana to prosper. If they have such an inferiority complex then maybe they should transfer.

6. KLSU

KLSU Founding Member

I just popped that little ULL pimple on my a$$ that was bothering me.

That is how much I worry about ULL.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:rofl:

If they could go to LSU, they already would be.

8. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

At what point do i mention baton rouge? If you'd actually read my post you'd see that i said:

Lafayette only counts as the "Heart" of cajun country because it's in the middle and its only a big city because it's where 90 meets I-10. Anyone who lives in the surrounding area knows the food is better cooked in the smaller towns.

9. shaqazoolu

Good call...

And the best stop in SCOTT does indeed have THE best boudin evAr. And last time I checked, it was called Scott because it wasn't Lafayette.

I have relatives that live in Lafayette and New Iberia. My uncle in Lafayette is a huge LSU fan and he has been living in Lafayette for about 20 years. He must be one of those sacrilegious(sp?) people that flies the LSU flag in a city other than Baton Rouge. Gimme a break....this thread is more and more making it seem like you can't be an LSU fan if you live anywhere else in Louisiana....this should be O'Reilly's "Ridiculous Item of the Day".

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

come on, give this guy some REP!!! :geauxtige