Similarities Between Auburn and LSU This Year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chuck, Sep 5, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

A couple of my LSU friends and I were discussing the similarities between LSU and Auburn for the rest of this season. Obviously, both of us came off a highly disappointing loss that we felt we could win . and as a result are pretty upset. Although its foolish to overlook the Western Carolina's, Citadel's, Vanderbilts, and Miami (OH)'s of the world, I compare those games to what happens after a really bad golf shot. When you hit a ball into the water, the first gut thing to do that will appease some frustration is to throw you club or hit something with velocity . . while this is temporary . .it doesn't quite make you feel better. Instead, what makes you feel better is really nailing your next shot.

Mississippi St. is the next shot for both of our teams. I feel like we can beat Syracuse, and if we do this and can beat MSU, we will be 4-1 going into our first bye (2-0 SEC). With LSU, if you beat MSU, you will also go 3-1 into break (1-0 SEC) . .you next game is ULALA so consider it 4-1. Hopefully by then our young talented teams will have pulled it together for these games; Auburn: Arkansas, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss and for LSU: Florida, South Carolina Auburn. I think the SEC West will be decided in those weeks as its going to come down to Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss.

Also, the other glaring similarity is that we were both SEC West Champs last year . . . .(yes, I admit, I added that to draw the ire of some of you) . .

Either way . . Good luck, I think we both have 8-9 win seasons ahead of us this year.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Good points. I agree.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I watched Aub v. USC

Auburn looked OK to me. They certainly looked more practiced than my LSU Tigers did in the Va. Tech game.

I say this even though I prefer LSU and Alabama over Auburn.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I HATE AUBURN

I HATE AUBURN but with that said I dont think anything other than the fact that we both lost makes our team compare.

Auburn did a lot of good things LSU did not LSU defense was the only thing that looked good some of the time but even they played very bad at times by not wrapping up and causeing a TD from 3 and 10 on the 50 to 1st and gaol on the 5 for the Hokies

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF