Simple Life

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by busybee, Jul 2, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not me. I hate France.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

France after Napoleon.

After Napoleon's day, France has not acted in US interests. Most Anglo-Americans don't realize how important the French people and nation were to the USA before 1815.

All of us dislike the French of the 20th century and 21st century. I hope we remember that there was a time when the French were our friends: 1815 and before.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

That is a very rosey view of history.. France was not our friends.. we were enemies of their enemies, therefore allies, but not friends. France was already at war with England and merely extended their naval battle to our shores.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

We did more than enough for them during WWII that made up for anything
    they ever did for us and more.
    D-Day Normandy pretty much sums that up!

France still would've looked like this without us!

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Better run and get yourself a shot of penicillin!!!!!!!!!
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :grin: :grin: :grin: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

You guys are unbelievable! Any of you EVER BEEN TO FRANCE? I doubt it. If you had you would know that the French people love Americans and are very grateful for what our troops did in WWI and WWII. It's too bad that like the people who hate us, you can't distinguish between governmental and political policies and the general population of a country. What a bunch of losers you are. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My only experience in France was at the Charles de Gaulle airport on a layover coming back from our honeymoon. We missed our flight, partially because of the passport guy who took over 60 seconds to look at our passports. Of course, he could tell we were running late and was giving us that smug, faggish smirk. He knew exactly what he was doing. The French guy behind us in line was given his passport back in under 5 seconds.

We get to our gate about 3 minutes before scheduled takeoff and were told we had "just missed the flight." Passengers are technically supposed to be at the gates 10 minutes before takeoff so we were indeed a little late. We were told our bags wouldn't board the plane if we didn't and that we should claim them at the airport. After 3-4 hours, nobody at the airport would admit that the bags were on our plane but nobody could tell us where they were either. They would not freakin admit they made a mistake, just sent us in circles. They kept saying, "We have one of the most technological, error proof systems that prevents luggage from boarding the plane if the passenger doesn't board. It is impossible for the luggage to be on the plane." Of course, we found out later that the luggage WAS on the plane.

Our replacement flight was the next day and we made sure to get there extra early. If anyone ever has a layover flight at Charles de Gaulle, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to trek across for the next flight. I've heard many others complain about that airport in the last couple of years with similar stories like mine. Anyway, nearly a half-hour after our scheduled takeoff, we're still sitting in our seats waiting to for the plane to get going when two French loudmouths board the plane just laughing it up. Why were they allowed to board 30 minutes after scheduled take-off when we were denied 3 minutes BEFORE take-off? I honestly believe it was because we were American. If I hadn't witnessed 5-10 other instances like that in the airport in the 18 hours we were there, I may not have that conclusion. While I'm certainly proud of my French heritage, I will hopefully NEVER go to France for vacation and I feel that I have a valid enough reason to say I hate the French.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Went off on my rant and I forgot what this thread was about. Yeah, Paris Hilton is a skank. She doesn't seem to have one good quality about her, except all that money. Sometimes those spoiled brats make me feel lucky that I grew up middle-class.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I have been to Paris, and it was a wash for me. Someplaces the people were really nice, others very rude. For the most part, the people I met on the street or out at night were pretty nice, and the people working in the places I visited or behind the counter of a shop were rude. I dont know why, I was giving them money for crying out loud. I tried to be nice to everybody, but I dont speak a lick of French, and I imagine that had something to do with it. Overall, I would like to go back. I dont really feel one way or the other for the French, but that Jean-Pierre is a douche.

As for your French heritage, you should always remember it and be proud of it. I am of German descent and proud of it, as well. Americans are Americans, though; not French/German/English.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Oh yeah, me too. I still think its funny to watch, though.