Simple Tax code

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JSracing, Mar 7, 2004.

1. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

I can't speak for Martin, but I make $41k a year. That's hardly high income. The difference between you and me is that I expect to be rich in the future. You are resigned to poverty, whatever your income is.

And I still haven't read an explanation of a better economic system from you. Wealthy people are wealthy for a reason. There is no lottery of life. Class warfare is a result of people like you thinking that the rich have become rich on the backs of someone else. Class warfare is, in fact, a group of people trying to feel better about their lot in life by making the lot of others the same as their own. I can't participate in class warfare because I don't care how much money anyone makes other than myself. I don't hear 'right wingers' complaining that it's unfair that not enough people have financial situations like theirs. YOU on the left are the ones who want to create cosmic equality by making everyone's life as miserable as your own. The rich do not claim to be oppressed. The only one whining is YOU.

And, by the way, Reagan's tax cuts spurred an economic expansion that lasted longer than any other up to that point in history, and only ended when Bush raised taxes again. The expansion only resumed when the capital gains tax rates were cut in 1994. Tax cuts work every time they're tried. Did you not notice the 8% growth rate in the third quarter of last year?

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

What I fail to comprehend is this.

I went to public school in NO. I went to LSU on student loans. I busted my hump in school and earned a degree in chemical engineering. I work hard to earn my money. I paid off my school loans. I bought a nice house for my wife and my daughter. I drive a nice truck.

Why should the gov't be allowed to take money from me and give it to some other person who doesn't work hard, if at all? Why should the gov't be allowed to double and triple dip by taxing the money I make, and again on the money I spend?

If we are on the playground in elementary school, and you earned $4 by helping your dad clean out the garage on Sat. And I take $1 from you and give it to some other kid who was too lazy to help his dad and didn't earn any money. Result is that I stole $1 from you and gave it to the lazy kid who didn't earn it. What gives me the right to take your money and give it to the lazy kid? You earned yours. He didn't earn his, but he still got his $$. Bottom line is that I stole your hard-earned money. Doesn't matter what I did with it. You could have given a $1 to the kid if you were feeling generous. But that decision was already made for you when I stole your $1.

Moral of this story, sit on your lazy arse and the gov't will take my hard-earned money and give it to you for doing nothing. What's going to make the lazy kid get up off his arse and earn his money like the rest of us?

Don't tell me I had more opportunity. I went to NO public school.

3. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

So you and martin are in favor of a fiscal policy where we cut taxes on the rich drastically, and borrow half a trillion dollars a year for the next decade to pay our bills?

So you you two it is more important that a millionaire take home another $70 thousand or so a year, than for the Federal budget to be balanced? And you have no problem with that?

I can only say that my contempt for you two grows by the day.

4. CottonBowl'66

colonel, you are such a liar that it would take too much time to address each one. You are not worth responding to anyway. It can be assumed that everything you have stated as fact, I consider to be a lie. But you are a right wing nut, and almost by definition that makes you a liar.

5. CottonBowl'66

Colonel, Bush's tax cuts means we will be running huge budget deficits and running the National Debt to irresponsible levels again, just as we did under Reagan. Now, if you want to understand something--understand that.

6. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

CB, pray-tell what colonel is lying about, and how about you post numbers and facts that support what you are saying.

7. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

WTF are you talking about? What have I stated as fact that is not easily verifiable? In fact, go ahead and disregard anything that I have stated as fact. I don't really care. My question to you remains the same.

Propose a better economic system. You obvoiusly have a problem with the rich being rich, so give us a better way to distribute the wealth in this country, o enlightened one.

8. CottonBowl'66

I guess you are right. Bush's tax cuts have balanced the Federal Budget, are bringing down the National Debt as we speak, and has brought the economy roaring back, with the creation of millions of new, good paying jobs every month.

I guess they are a total success.

9. CottonBowl'66

Morons, I as saying there was no need to change the tax code. We were doing fine under the one we had under Clinton. I notice that all of you ignore this.

You have made no case for tax cuts, and therefore, you have made no points.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No one should have to pay a higher percentage of his income than anybody else. I favor a flat rate percentage for everybody, say 15%. If you make $20k you pay $3k in income taxes. If you make $50k you pay, $7500, Make $500k and pay $75k and even if you make $500 million you pay the same percentage as everybody else, which would still mean that a super rich person would pay $75million at my example of a 15% rate. Its not fair that a person earning $50k a year should only bring home $30k and its not fair that a person should have to earn over $200k and be lucky to to take home $120k.