Since everyone is in agreement;....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Oct 5, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I hope it happens by this week as well but not sure when and if these changes will happen.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I actually heard both Ensminger and Crowton could be in the pressbox.

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

they all know miles is an idiot, they are just grasping at straws to avoid the inevitble.

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Correct. He did what all you guys want. He turned the reigns totally over to Crowton. That's where his fault and responsibility lies and I fully agree that Miles should be held accountable for it. If he actually handcuffed his OC, we wouldn't have these fiascoes. FWIW, a local sportscaster reported (via "impeccable LSU sources") that on that last untimed play, Crowton wanted to send in four wideouts but Miles correctly overruled him and told him to "run the damn ball". That's not from me or my wife's hairdresser's cousin who knows the waterboy, it's from a sports director whose job it is to cover LSU sports.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I was being facetious.

Les Miles is a phucking moron and needs to be replaced as soon as possible.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

:popcorn:

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

you and me both know you can't fire a 5-0 coach mid season.

so we're trying to come up with things to help out THIS season.

change OCs now. let Billy or Ensminger, or the feller selling programs at gate 4 call plays and see what happens.
    if things improve, Miles gets another year.
    if things stay staus quo or even go backwards, then Miles (along with rest of offensive staff) are gone at end of year.

Crowton's history of QBs going backwards the longer he stays is playing out right in front of our eyes. Let someone else give it a shot.

YES the buck stops with Miles on the clock blunders. you won't ever hear me say otherwise. but i find it awful phucking coincidental that our O is doing the same thing every O Crowton touched (except La Tech, which he's never before or since).

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Aight.

I put down the tequila for a few minutes. Looking for someone to replace Crowton? Here are a few serious names:

1. Calvin Magee. Offensive Coordinator and assistant Head Coach, University of Michigan. Born in New Orleans, played college ball at Southern.

2. Mark Mangino. Former head coach of the Kansas Jayhawks who resigned after allegations he verbally and physically abused players.

3. Brian Bohannon. QB Coach, Georgia Tech. Prior to GT, Bohannon spent 6 years as WR coach at Navy.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

don't want to knock you, because you're at least coming up with some new names.

Magino - do we want a guy with that baggage?
    Bohannon - he's apparently a triple option guy (guessing because of his resume). not sure how well that would go over in Baton Rouge.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I know you were being facetious. I don't think anyone who has spent more than five minutes on this board has any question as to your views on Miles. But facetious or not, you were right; Miles did none of those things because he gives Crowton way too much leeway. Miles should handcuff this OC which he doesn't. That's his downfall.