Since everyone is in agreement;....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Oct 5, 2010.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Good idea!! Leach loves pirates, so we let him stalk the sidelines dresses like Jean Lafitte. He's got the whole gig, parrot on shoulder, eye patch, and of course a REAL sword. Which, after each touchdown, he whips it out, whirls it over his head and screams like a chicken.

This could work!!

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Your 26 days early for that kind of talk. But thanks for the candy, it made me smile.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Ditching Crowton will not be an option IMO. Les can try to find a job for him, but honestly what major D-1 program is going to take him? His history of taking offenses to rock bottom inside of 3 years is very well-documented at this point. This isn't going to be one of these deals like where Studrawa got to turn down the Memphis job to stay here. This is gonna be one of those offers he can't refuse.

4. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

OK you caught me!!:eek:

As far as Stud goes it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we replaced him too.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm sure you'd be fine with Leach's STYLE of offense. It's clear that you like wide open offense...run and gun stuff. Nothing wrong with that opinion, just an observation.
    -
    I personally like SEC football.

1 person likes this.
  6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Agreed. And there is a regional aspect to this. Texas high school football uses a lot of spread offenses, and therefore develop talent to fit that style. It makes for good QBs but I'm not sure about the linemen. Look at Texas, they get first pick of the best talent in the most talent rich area of the nation - and they haven't really had a running game for several years now. I'm just wondering if there is a connection.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Les confirmed the discussions tonight.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

BHelm, this was stated pre season as well. Is this quote recent?

That's the thing about Miles. I actually think he comes up with the right idea MUCH earlier on than he acts on it. He's very slow to actually react and adapt, but usually, when he does it, it's the right move. Maybe he needs to go with his gut more often.

Personally, I'd like to see him move Crowton to the opposing team's sideline for the games...

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

From today's paper:

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I hope it doesn't go exactly the same, that would be disasterous. How about the rotation being the same, but with more positive results, now that would work. Which is what I am sure he was saying.