SI's Midseason Report... Flop Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerSnarl, Oct 21, 2010.

1. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I hate this crap!

SEC Weekly was talking about time management issues yesterday - I guess they didnt realize WE HAVE PLAYED 2 GAMES SINCE THEN

Then they started talking about Jarett Lee Historically is known to throw interceptions, HE HAS HAD 2 SEASONS TO OVERCOME THAT!!!

I dont know who slept with who wife or daughter, but analyst sure do have a hard on for our program!

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

These guys all talk out their azzes because they have write what they think everyone wants to hear. The more that erroneously predict us to flop the better.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The main reason I see for that is because the meat and potatoes of our schedule starts this saturday, and minus Florida who's been relinquished to mediocrity with 3 straight losses (1 being to State), our offense has struggled to move the ball, and we couldn't contain McNeese St... it's up to the Tigers and staff to ensure we don't slip... our success the rest of this season falls squarely at the hands of our coaching staff and the decisions they make.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Hell I look at our qb situation and hope we don't flop too

6. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

umm we held them to 10 points (7 of which came off of a fumble inside the 5 yard line). We also only gave up 219 yards, of which 44 came on 2 runs, against what was essentially our second and third team defense. I would say we contained them.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

We play 2 top 10 teams 2 games in a row.

Lord knows if we drop one that we are definitely to be considered a "flop".

Boise State don't know what playing 2 top 10 teams is like and probably never will.

:dis:

1 person likes this.
  8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I understand all that, but the box score does not really tell the tale of the game, and regardless of how they scored points or where we gave them the ball... we can't make those mistakes against "real" teams.
    That game was too close until the 4th... We played from behind twice in that game... something that our upcoming oppositions talent dictates we get down early, there may not be anymore come from behind wins.

We also have two QBs who combined for 79 yards of offense in that game, wonder how long it takes the real teams we face down the road to stack the box and force our QBs to throw... our run game won't be able to bail this sorry passing game out much longer, eventually we're going to have to throw the ball down the field.

9. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

We all believe we're better than we've played, but we haven't taken anyone to the wood shed yet.

We've had our chances in numerous games to score one more time and put the game out of reach, but we've fail to do so.

Also, we look so bad on offense some times. Stupid turnovers. Dropped passes. Poorly thrown passes to wide open receivers. False starts and delay of game penalties....

Throw in the clock management issues and no one outside Louisiana believes we're for real. Everyone believes we're going to lose to Auburn, get thumped by 'Bama, and lose in OT to Ole Miss or Arky.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Well, I watched, finally, the replay of the McNeese State game last night. We have some great players, no doubt, but I am a bit antsy about the rest of the season. We really have to turn it up and stay up and then go for the kill when the opportunity presents itself. Not done much of that so far.

Geaux Tigers
    hwr