SI's Midseason Report... Flop Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerSnarl, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I understand what you're saying and it makes sense, but anyone who's even attempted to watch LSU play knows that this LSU team wasn't going to get up for that game. It's like people getting nervous when the scrimmage stats look bad. And while the box score doesn't always dictate how the game went, the score does. LSU cruised past them by 3 TD's and didn't even try to do it most of the game. McNeese had nothing to lose and played like it.

LSU was coming off a huge win at Florida, and coming home to McNeese State isn't going to exactly get them excited. They were on cruise control the whole game and never once thought they were in danger of losing it, nor did I. Did you honestly think McNeese was going to put us away? Really? Even when they were up because our QB can't protect the ball? Come on man... Did you really thing the Tigers were going to play up for that game? I'm sure you've watched LSU enough to know they weren't going to come out all gangbusters style and lay 70 points on McNeese. It was a scrimmage game, really. Nothing more.

Was it sloppy? Hell yes it was.. Damned ugly, too... But it was expected. I'm a little surprised McNeese got 10, but when you give them the ball at the 2.. well.. I guess all I'm saying is, I know we've looked bad on offense this year but if I were trying to characterize this team in 2010, I wouldn't look to the McNeese State game for answers. There's plenty of other games to throw stones at. I never expected that game to be anything but a sleep fest.

I can all but assure you they'll be very awake at Auburn. The team is hungry and they want this win. I just hope they don't make mistakes, namely turnovers. If they can keep that from happening, LSU has a good chance I think.

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Who cares?!?! This was the same media take on LSU during the 2007 season. Dose it really matter what the media thinks??? Will that stop us from winning Saturday??

I LOVE when the media talks shizzit about LSU. It just makes wins that much better,

Oh, and I promise...analysts could give a rats arse about our program...or any other for that matter. It is what THEY GET PAID TO DO!!

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yup drama sells and the truth is boring... why else would spittin' Holtz still be employed?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So the fact that LSU had more yards vs. UF means UF's D is worse than Neese?

IF Stats truly meant anything at all, games wouldn't be played...

We all know this, so dont even try it.

People can take it for what its worth, SEC wins mean something and even a road win at UF on a down year does too. The UF win was big. I dont care if UF never wins another game.

Same thing for LSU. Even in our down years, we didnt just hand wins away at home.

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Well. Three losses in the next five games are clearly possible based on who LSU is playing. After a 7-0 start, that could probably be considered a late-season flop, although anyone who is paying attention knows it is not a flop - it's just a schedule with a late season run of tough SEC opponents.

9-3 is what I've been expecting all season. 10-2 is now what I'm expecting after beating Florida in the swamp. If God himself descends upon LSU's QB situation and raises it from the near-dead, then we'll be 12-0 - because the defense is probably that good.

6. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

Oklahoma messes around with Utah State and Air Force in Norman, Auburn survives overtime at home with Clemson and beats mighty Kentucky on the last play of the game, but LSU is "lucky".

1 person likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Its amazing how quickly the win over West Virginia has been forgotten. They are still a ranked team. And the people who want to downgrade the "quality" of the Florida win should, by the same token, give more credence to Mississippi State. They are also now a ranked team, and we beat them by 3 touchdowns.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yep, let them keep down playing us and overlooking us. We will rise above the noise and show them just how tough this Tiger team is. We will not give up.:geaux: :LSU231: :tigereye:

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Beat Auburn and you'll see a flip-flop.

"shoe enough"

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

What is going to be fun to watch is should we beat AU and Bama the media won’t know what to do or say about us. Their only response will be that the SEC is obviously down when a team like LSU, with an offense has horrible as theirs, keeps beating everyone. Or the ever popular Miles and the Tigers are riding the luckiest wave known to college sports. They will never give credit to that we are just that damn good. Hopefully all the lack of respect by the media will continue to serve as inspiration to the team and coaches, because I would love to be able to come back to this time and laugh at all of the non believers. If not, well then we maybe just what some think we are, but if we end up 10-2 on the season that will be where many thought we should and would be anyway.