Six High Schoolers Declare Dor NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Did he pitch for the Rangers? I remember a kid pitching out of high school for the Rangers but it was years ago. He had a 100 mile an hour fastball, it didn't take long for everyone to find out that it was his only pitch. Cann't remember his name.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I personally think these high school kids trying to make it in the NFL are in for a rude awakening.

For 1 thing kids tend to grow in college and lift weights to build themselves for the next level.

The college game experience is another way to learn offensive or
    defensive sets, their minds also grow.

To go for high school to pros in football most kids will wind up in NFL Europe or Canadian football leagues.

Most college players have trouble going to the NFL vs any high school kids going.

Baseball is a whole new ball game, I think it would be easier for
    a high schooler to hit the farm teams and possibly make it to the top.

Basketball, It has been done before, I believe it would be a little easier than Football however they will ride the pine for a number
    of years. (most not all)

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Bob Horner played 3rd base for the Braves in the 80's. I also remember the guy from the Rangers... he ended up having shoulder problems. He was used by the Rangers as a promotional stunt, not really as a player.

4. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

David Clyde

5. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I can see them haing a terrible awakening when they get there. They're still boys and they will be playig with men.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not the point. the point is teams will take chances then tada they are rich. boys men women doesnt matter. they get money. end of story. they win.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I would bet that most of those on that list of declared players were not the sharpest pencils in the box or if you prefer the brightest light bulb in the box in school

8. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

I hate the Braves.

9. VT Sucks

VT Sucks Freshman

$100 none of them get drafted. Actually, I hope they do. Then everyone will see how stupid it is, and less people will do it.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Football is way too demanding physically for a young person out of HS to compete. So unless a team just has and extra spot for him to hang around there is no way he would stay even if drafted. The ONLY position that a boy out of HS MAY be able to compete is kicker.